Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2004 5:49:32 PM EDT
I don't think this has been discussed here but on Christmas night there was a show on TV of the WWE Wrestlers visiting the troops in Iraq for Christmas.  There were about 18 wrestlers that made the trip, including 3 females (2 of the 3 have been in Playboy).  The wrestlers often had to wear Kevlar vests and helments as they were not always in safe areas.  There was a briefing on what they should do if, during their matches, there was incoming fire.  They also showed the wrestlers at the range shooting handguns, M-4's and even an M60.  Or at least thats what I think it was- large caliber, heavy gun, belt fed.  You could see the smile on their faces as they fired full auto.  They had their matches with Blackhawlks, at times, flying overhead.  Some of the troops were on top of their tanks for a better view.  The wrestlers told the troops that they loved them and were grateful for their sacrifice, and said that it was a privlage to perform live in Iraq for them.  The troops were going crazy.  They loved the show.  

I'm bringing this up because Saturday (tomorrow) night on Spike at 10 PM central is WWE Confidential.  They are going to show behind the scenes clips from the trip.  I'm not sure if it will be the entire hour or just a segment of the show.  But I think it will be very little actual wrestling, but more their actual visit and interaction  with the troops.  Whether you like wrestling or you think its stupid it will give you a good feeling to see how the troops enjoyed the visit. If you are interested, check it out or set your VCR.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
one of our members were there and got pics
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=177423&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top