Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 3:06:44 PM EDT
I just bought a pair of Comtacs and would like to hook up boom mics to the units and have them connected to a set of Motorola FRS/GMRS radios.

Is this possible?  If so what do I need?  

I went to Radio Shack earlier today and was politely informed that they don't sell Radio equipment anymore.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Peltor, www.peltor.com, has all sorts of adaptors for PTT radios, especially for the comtac model. Find a dealer and I'm sure you can order one for most PTT radios.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to use the gear I already have rather than spending an additional $200 on Peltor microphones.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny. I went to Radio Shack about 6 months ago looking for boom mikes to fit my Cobras. They had 2 left in stock, guy siad they were closing them out. Sticker price was $25.50 each, I got 'em for $4.95 each. They're the PTT or hands free type. Work pretty good, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top