Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2004 11:38:52 AM EDT
My wife thought it was pretty stupid and more or less a waste of time but came around after awhile after seeing the info available here, both gun and non gun related and especially after reading all of the kind comments posted after the birth of our daughter. She will occasionally read some of the debates I get myself into and has laughed at many of the posts that require a "Hey, come look at this!" yell across the house.

She, however does not read or use any forums although she subscribes to several parenting and teaching newsletters.

I have a buddy who's wife frequents some of the parenting type of forums and who is very active on several.

So, does your wife or girlfriend "get it" or do you get the shake of the head and the roll of the eyes?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted a pic of her once here that I told her about.

She about kicked my azz...[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine does.

I waited awhile bore I told her about the dinner pic thing.

That's when she said "why don't we do a "dessert pic"?

That rest is history.[wave]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I ask the wife and kids to not come to this site.  I fear that if they ever read  some of the stuff I post it will lower their opinion of me.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine does.

I waited awhile bore I told her about the dinner pic thing.

That's when she said "why don't we do a "dessert pic"?

That rest is history.[wave]
View Quote

Dredd, it is well established that your S/O is the sheet! [wow]  Hell the only way she could get better is if she cleans your guns for you... She does'nt does she? [:D] Even if she does, just say she does not, please.

BTW, as a new team member, I request that you pop her pics back in the Members Area... New additions are welcome. [hail2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ask the wife and kids to not come to this site.  I fear that if they ever read  some of the stuff I post it will lower their opinion of me.

View Quote

I am sure [s]their opinion couldn't get any lower[/s] they love you too much, for that to happen.

[;D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
well Mine is a mod in the womens forum so i guess i'd have to say she gets it. This year i even taught her to reload her own .223 ammo.

Life is good [:D]

mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
My Wife won't even use the pc. Your online again? Is the usual comment. BobK
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife is on here "reading" more than I am...she is not interested in posting yet. She loves everything Hannah says and does and laughs at most of you more than you'll ever know. She will even call your handle name out to tell me something crazy or funny posters on here have said.

She said this is the best forum she has ever read about a man's point of view...unscripted and honest.

BTW...my wife is getting better with age. I mean really better. In everything she does. Everything. Our love life is the best it has ever been, even better than when we were younger...our communication is the best it has ever been. The trust is unbelievable. Nothing hidden of consequence, arguements have to be settled before going to bed...and no big decisions or purchases without complete agreement.

I do not think I could ever find a better woman...ever. I am satisfied and complete with her. I mean that too.

Thats why it's hard to read about my ARfcom bro's going through hell with relationships. I just wish I could wave a magic wand and give you the best marriage/dating life you could ever imagine. But, it does'nt happen that way. You have to work at it until it becomes easier, easier...then one day you'll realize it was worth it.

Relationships can work, they do work, they will work...but, you have to be patient and stay "in love"...don't stray, don't dominate and don't give up on someone worth loving.

Now what was the question again? [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is an avid shooter & is infinitely understanding about my gun-related obsessions, so she "gets it."  She does, however, think that I spend a little too much time here & I can't get her to post here herself.  But "Let me tell you about this interesting Arfcom thread..." has become a frequent portion of our daily "How was your day?" colloquy.

edited to add:
Oh, and she blames each & every one of you for our ARs suddenly multiplying like rabbits in last couple of years... [BD]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the law states you can you only have one wife, so i'm sure noone here is going to admit to more than one wife getting it!!!!! Girlfriends are only limited by the amount of income you have to keep them happy!!!!!!

I don't have either problem by the way!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife is on here "reading" more than I am...she is not interested in posting yet. She loves everything Hannah says and does and laughs at most of you more than you'll ever know. She will even call your handle name out to tell me something crazy or funny posters on here have said.

She said this is the best forum she has ever read about a man's point of view...unscripted and honest.

BTW...my wife is getting better with age. I mean really better. In everything she does. Everything. Our love life is the best it has ever been, even better than when we were younger...our communication is the best it has ever been. The trust is unbelievable. Nothing hidden of consequence, arguements have to be settled before going to bed...and no big decisions or purchases without complete agreement.

I do not think I could ever find a better woman...ever. I am satisfied and complete with her. I mean that too.

Thats why it's hard to read about my ARfcom bro's going through hell with relationships. I just wish I could wave a magic wand and give you the best marriage/dating life you could ever imagine. But, it does'nt happen that way. You have to work at it until it becomes easier, easier...then one day you'll realize it was worth it.

Relationships can work, they do work, they will work...but, you have to be patient and stay "in love"...don't stray, don't dominate and don't give up on someone worth loving.

Now what was the question again? [:D]
View Quote

Wise man here gentlemen! I am happy to say that I enjoy the same type of relationship. Had the bad ones and I'll not go back. Lessons learned and all!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine gets it today, but not in the beginning. She thought message boards were too anonymous to devote a lot of time and effort to. It took me getting in trouble before she really understood the whole idea. It was when the members selflessly came to our support throughout a nasty legal ordeal that this place became an extended family to us. She may not post here but she does read the boards on ocassion under my username because it's already programmed that way. She enjoys and laughs at some of the strange threads that I bring to her attention and will always be indebted(as will I)to the members who helped us both through my arrest a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, mine gets it. In fact, I walked into the office one day and she was on it. Not posting, mind you, but just looking. She has realized that many times I get news off this site a day or two before it's in the local rag.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine gets it and says I should continue to hang around!

She says Ed Sr. and the few other "Sane ones" need all the help they can get![rofl]

She has even asked to post a few things to get the opinion of my Arfcom brutha's![@:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife thinks ARFCOM are a bunch of ultra right winger revolutionaries that think Rush is a Liberal [rofl2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]
MY GIRLFREIND IS A BOTTLE OF MAKERS MARK

SHE GETS IT
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mine gets it.  [:)]

(Pics in Team currently.)
View Quote

You're a lucky man, Mike!  Not only does she "get it," but she's one of the nicest people I met at Gunstock.  She's a keeper!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Im angry, bitter, and single.  What does that count as.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im angry, bitter, and single.  What does that count as.
View Quote

Single should be able to lead to resolution of angry and bitter. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

[red]Besides this being an excellent source for info on firearms, I would recommend this site to any woman that wants to truly understand men.  There is no better way to get into your heads.[/red]

[red] Thanks, I needed to be reminded of that.[/red]

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Mine gets it.

We're getting married this April, and she already knows there will be a wedding pic with machineguns and cake.  Her response when I told her my idea; "What gun will look good with the bridesmaid dresses?"
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

[:)]

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
[B]How many of your wives or G/Fs "get" AR15.com or any forum for that matter?[/B]

Who cares who "gets it". Do you post here for someone else?

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:05:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, for the most part, the GF "gets it" - atleast in the General section, anyways... Although she likes guns, and has shot a majority of mine, the AR and AK side go over her head a bit...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Lady Rain tolerates my hobbies and doesn't realy get it. The funny thing is that her hobbies, Aerobics/exercise are seen as a business by her which makes them legitimate.
She teaches aerobics a few hours a week and claims that she makes money on it, however after paying insurance, purchasing new equipment, gas, etc. there is no money left over.IE: It's a hobby.
My other hobby, woodworking, saves us ton's of money in remodeling costs, but doesn't actually cause cash flow, is to her just an expense.
I often think that I should just sell my woodworking equipment, and then let the household budget pay someone to make the repairs and upgrades around the house. I'd have more money and time left to devote to my firearms, and I'd cut my hobbies down to one.
I have a feeling that once reality set in I would be in trouble though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[B]How many of your wives or G/Fs "get" AR15.com or any forum for that matter?[/B]

[devil]
View Quote

Boy does that miss the point, totally...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[devil]
View Quote

Boy does that miss the point, totally...
View Quote

It doesn't if there is no wife/GF! [:D]

[devil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top