Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2004 9:39:40 AM EDT
Lawmakers call them "bastards" for it.

news.independent.co.uk/uk/media/story.jsp?story=477413

Cliffs Notes: Listeners to BBC Radio 4's Today programme asked to suggest a law to improve UK quality of life, MP would then attempt to get it onto the statute books.

The winning suggestion was they be allowed to defend their homes from criminal intrusion with "any means".

Lawmaker says "The people have spoken....the bastards." and calls the idea a "ludicrous, brutal, unworkable blood-stained piece of legislation"

Edited to hyperlink and add a sorry for the repost, search didn't turn up this link
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
British lawmakers showing contempt for their constituients...Gee, first time that's ever happened!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
already posted, but totally agree...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Memo From US to UK:

Re: Lawmakers

Toss their fucking tea in the water.
View Quote

[lolabove] Holy shit, that is the best thing I have seen in a while! As always, SteyrAUG, you have me laughing my ass off.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Ha! Now they want to be able to defend themselves with force? Where were they when they banned almost all of the guns, took away the right to defend yourself, banned all pocket tools with knives unless required for your job, and are working on banning toy guns?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder what Mr Pounds reaction would be to someone crawling through HIS window? "Come on in and I'll show you where Mrs Pound keeps her diamonds"?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder what Mr Pounds reaction would be to someone crawling through HIS window? "Come on in and I'll show you where Mrs Pound keeps her diamonds"?
View Quote

He probably has a body guard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top