Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 9:12:29 PM EDT
I was looking for some entertainment and laughs so i went to the place where i can laugh for hours, VPC.ORG.   I found a wonderful study about our deadly people killing machines and thought i would share this enlightening information with everyone!

After studying over three million casualty reports from World Wars I and II, and data from the Korean War, the Army's Operations Research Office (ORO) found that, "in the overall picture, aimed fire did not seem to have any more important role in creating casualties than ---randomly fired shots--- Marksmanship was not as important as volume.

Go over to www.vpc.org/studies/hosecont.htm for more laughs.  WARNING: May cause vomiting, dizziness and overall loss of faith in humanity...
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
"Wha....What is that nasty smell?.... It smells like Bullshit!!!!!!..... It's coming from over there at...... There it is coming from the VPC website!!!!!!!!.. Man it stinks!!!"

I suppose thats why the military spends millions on Riflery training every year, because it makes no difference!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
After studying over three million casualty reports from World Wars I and II, and data from the Korean War, the Army's Operations Research Office (ORO) found that, "in the overall picture, aimed fire did not seem to have any more important role in creating casualties than ---randomly fired shots--- Marksmanship was not as important as volume.
View Quote

An obvious fan of bump-firing![heavy]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh i know, and civilian ar-15's are more deadly then military issue m16s because you can aim the semi auto ar's!!  Well, if thats the case i guess we should legalize the autos and ban the semi's!  As long as the autos still have that nifty selector switch that is!  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, maybe if they are including artillery, which is where the bulk of the casualties occur.
View Quote

Also Im sure the "random shots" also uncluded any crew served machineguns.  
I expect what they call "aimed shots" were long distance fire only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top