Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 8:55:18 PM EDT
I've loved him for decades. Now I have to throw away away his crap and bitch at the radio stations.

Seen Yahoo News tonight?

What an asshole. After all this country has done for HIM. He attacks us.

ASSHOLE. Die, motherf*cker. Die.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That isn't a death threat, is it?
While I strongly disagree with the political behaviors he has enaged in recently, I don't think he needs to die.  He has a right to free speech.
Have you read the lyrics?  They are quite moving.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While I strongly disagree with the political behaviors he has enaged in recently, I don't think he needs to die.  He has a right to free speech.
View Quote

So, you love terrorists too?

[red]edited by EdSr [/red]

There's a movement for you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeez talk about conflicting messages!!!!

This after he Co-sings "Whiskey For my Men" with Toby Keith, about gouing after and bringing justice to evil men!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]

[b] IBT movement L [/b]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What'd Willy say/do? Story link?

Edited to add, found one on the [url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/01/music.nelson.reut/index.html]Confused News Network[/url].
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
He's been an asshole for quite a few years now. There's nothing new about that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Willie's politics dont figure into what I thin about him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
What Mattja said before I could.  He's been a Barbara Streisand political type as long as I can remember, only his songs are different.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Willie's politics dont figure into what I thin about him.
View Quote

I've heard people use the same argument about the Dixie Chix and U2.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the dope is getting to his head!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#12]
This is why I just steal his music off the internet.

Quoted:

I've heard people use the same argument about the Dixie Chix and U2.....
View Quote

Their music too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:13:48 AM EDT
[#13]
The same old cliche that every anti war protestor who doesn't know what they hell they're talking about falls back on is the "wahhh we're fighting for OIL! Dat's bad waaa" oh shut up!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The same old cliche that every anti war protestor who doesn't know what they hell they're talking about falls back on is the "wahhh we're fighting for OIL! Dat's bad waaa" oh shut up!
View Quote

As if their cars and jets run on water.

When people say that stupid shit, I love to remind them their every fill up is in direct support of the war! [;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:54:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:49:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So, you love terrorists too?

[red]edited by EdSr[/red]
There's a movement for you.
View Quote
Not quite.  You should relax before your heart kills you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I've never had the fondness for Willie that most of my friends have. Now most ot them are pissed at him.

But I still listen to his music, and the Dixie Chicks. Just have to ignore thier politics, because if the media didn't have them in the limelight spouting this drivel, they would just find someone else.

Because really, who would listen to a guy with hair that looks like a mules tail and a bunch of blondes?

My prediction is that Toby Kieth will be one of the next ones to hate.. Just my .02... fullclip

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Like so many other of these music-types;

"Sing!.....DON'T TALK.....just Sing!"
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Willy can be "cool" in some ways. But I've known that he was an arse in this way for years. Just like Mellencamp too.

I am a professional musician, but evidently all these years of haning around entertainment biz people hasn't made me hate my country yet. And it never will. What can you say about this? Some people are just plain WRONG in the way they think.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Sing it loud Willie, some are listening.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I always thought he was an asshole, never could figure out why people loved the burned out ole hippy. plus he cant sing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Like so many other of these music-types;

"Sing!.....DON'T TALK.....just Sing!"
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top