Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 4:29:25 PM EDT
Who needs a dumbass computer?  Michigan just played their hearts out in a losing cause to the finest college team in the land.

Well Done TROJANS!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
May I suggest a big ole cup of reality...the PAC-10 is perhapse the weakest BCS conference.  As for the skills of Michigan...over rated.  The Big Ten is what 2-6 in bowl games this season.

You can whine, moan and cry all you want about computer polls and human polls...stick Southern Cal on the field with LSU or the Sooners and you'll see the Boys from Troy fall apart.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
...one last thing.  I'm sick of Keith JAckson.  I watched the game.  His West Coast/PAC-10 bias is getting pretty old.  He was really trying to work to get vote for one of his west coast teams...hey Keith, retire alreday...I get tierd of hearing you say "woo Nellie"...if Dan Fouts were to kiss Keith's rear end anymore during the game, he'd be able to give him a colonoscopy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange...I thought that Mr. Jackson was too biased FOR the Wolverines...at least in the beginning.  Shows how different perspectives can be.

WADR, you are sadly wrong about USC "falling apart" against any team this year.

Chew on this:

-USC topped the COACHES poll by a WIDE margin.

-USC topped the SPORTS WRITERS poll by a WIDE margin.

USC beat the #4 team in the country...EASILY.

Dan Fouts...a guy who ought to know just a bit about football put it best late in the 3rd QTR when he said,  "LSU and OU are lucky".  "Why", Keith Jackson asked.  "Because LSU and OU don't have to play USC."  He then proceeded to explain...but I'm sure you don't want to hear that anyway...not that it would make any difference...right?  [;D]

This sad turn of events will ultimate spell the doom of the joke called the BCS.  Now...the coaches, who very well KNOW who number one is...MUST vote for the winner of the Sugar Bowl game.  How screwy is that?  Anyway...playoff is the only answer.  Not that the bowl games want it...it's all about $$$.

I say again...WELL DONE USC!  Great game.  Not too exciting...but well played on their part.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
May I suggest a big ole cup of reality...the PAC-10 is perhapse the weakest BCS conference.  As for the skills of Michigan...over rated.  The Big Ten is what 2-6 in bowl games this season.

You can whine, moan and cry all you want about computer polls and human polls...stick Southern Cal on the field with LSU or the Sooners and you'll see the Boys from Troy fall apart.

View Quote

Michigan had the 6th rank defense and had only allowed 5 passing touchdowns all year before giving up 4 passing touchdowns to USC in one game. You can whine and cry all you like, we will have a split national champion with the coaches who know football picking USC as the national champion.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I only give a damn about one thing; Michigan loosing. Michigan got the L.

[size=6]MICHIGAN LOST! THAT'S "L" FOR LOOSER!!![/size=6]

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Michigan had the 6th rank defense and had only allowed 5 passing touchdowns all year before giving up 4 passing touchdowns to USC in one game. You can whine and cry all you like, we will have a split national champion with the coaches who know football picking USC as the national champion.
View Quote

And how many times was Navarre sacked?  How many hurries did he have against him?  How much rushing yardage did Michingan get?

And how many passing yards did USC get while busting all of those records held by the Wolverines?

I only wish USC could get a chance at OU or LSU.  Either one would be a good game...but one I think that would go in USC's favor.

DOMINATION...that's what this game was.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

And how many times was Navarre sacked?  How many hurries did he have against him?  How much rushing yardage did Michingan get?

And how many passing yards did USC get while busting all of those records held by the Wolverines?

I only wish USC could get a chance at OU or LSU.  Either one would be a good game...but one I think that would go in USC's favor.

DOMINATION...that's what this game was.
View Quote

USC's offense was better then Michigan's defense. Michigan's offense may have been better than USC's defense, but we will never know because coach carr left John "Scardy Cat" Navarre in the entire game, long after it became 100% clear that he was rattled to the point of not being able to function.

This was with a back up QB on the side who had proven he could handle the pressure and perform.

1. Carr's refusal to take Navarre out was just plain stupid.
2. Carr is a one way bitch when it comes to loyalty. He goes around the state giving lectures on ethics and teamwork, but the BU QB busts his ass all season and can't play, even when the team needed him to. The third string busts their ass all year, and get no playing time at all, even when Mich is up in the regular season games by 30 points.
3. As Carr is a dipshit and a phoney, he needs to go now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Michigan was simply outplayed. They were manhandled on the offensive line, outcoached on the defensive side of the ball and didn't execute when it mattered on the offense.

Game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Well played for USC. I think they're #1.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I have NO idea which team "sloth" has been watching . . . . . . But USC is the BEST all around team I've seen for quite some time.

This whole BCS crap is just that CRAP. Let the techies sit in a room and analize their lives away. Leave football to people.

Use the polls for fun . . . . after eight games ALL conference champions then advance to the play-offs.
Enough said. . . . we then get a champion. The bowls can be used to play the play-off matchups.

Fight on for ol'SC !!!!!!!

Uncle-Al
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Should have been another 14 points different.  SC got robbed of a TD and that interference call that put M on the 2 yard line was a bad call.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know what you guys have been doing all year, there should be no question that Oklahoma is the best team in college football.
You will see the National Champions play in a few more days.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey genius, it's spelled [b]loser[/b], not [b]looser[/b]. Not like I give a shit about either team, mind you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#13]
If by some chance USC was ranked #1 in the BCS polls but LSU/OU was #1 in AP and Coaches would the USC coach/players/fans be chirping about shared national championships and "human" champions, changes in the BCS, etc?  The fact of the matter is, these coaches and teams agreed to follow the BCS guidelines.  Now, when it doesn't work for them they bitch like litte girls.  Sorry, I dont buy it.  USC played a very well executed game against a very worthy opponent (and I hate UM).  They deserve their conference championship and the Rose Bowl Championship, nothing more.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#14]
All this bitching and whining is just one more reason the BS (left the "C" out on purpose) needs to go in favor of a playoff.

And for the record, having been fortunate enough to see USC, Oklahoma and LSU all in person this season, I give LSU a very slim margin because defense wins championships, and they have the best Defense of the three, by a the tiniest advantage over Oklahoma. As for Dan "Please Just Go Away, Idiot" Fouts, He got one thing right, but he said it wrong: The Trojans are the lucky ones. They didn't have to run the gauntlet of the SEC or the Big 12, both much tougher Conferences week in and week out than the Pac-10 (say what you will, it's true) and they can claim a share of the mythical National Championship without ever having to match up against two of the other best teams in the land. Now they'll never know, and I'll bet they'd like to. I'd sure love to see it...Three really good teams...Man, it woulda been a helluva playoff. Instead we, get the "In My Opinion" Poll Champions and the Computer Poll Champions and the sad fact is, neither team will be able to decisively say that they are the Mythical National Champion, because no team will have won it 100% on the field. All Natinal Champions will be mythical until that's fixed.

Oh, and I think LSU edges Oklahoma in a nutgrinder, but Boomer Sooner!

SG

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Now that the national championship has been decided...is anybody really going to watch the Sugar Bowl?  I most likely won't.  [;D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I will be. Go Sooners!
They will be the National Champs.
And so many people will be bitching like little
school girls.[flame]

USC sucks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm glad the condoms won. Ribbed, for Michigan's pleasure.

[img]http://www.trojancondoms.com/posters/images/getItOn_small.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Lets add one more thing to this...consdier that OU and LSU played in the two toughest conferences in the nation...then they had to play in a championship game in which the other team was also the cream of the crop in thier respective conference.  Until the PAC-10 and Big-10 get thier acts together and have that extra game, they will always be a step behind the other conferences (with championships).

I've watche USC play both last night and against Oregon State...I am not impressed.  Good team, yes.  National champion quality, no.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Lets add one more thing to this...consdier that OU and LSU played in the two toughest conferences in the nation.
View Quote

What was "tough" about the Big 12 this year? Baylor? Colorado? Kansas? Texas? Oh yeah, OU didn't even win their conference.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#20]
One of the main reasons USC was voted #1 is because they're from southern Cali.  All the sportswrites, all the media, are all somehow connected to Los Angeles.

-USC didn't have to play a conference championship, therefore having one less win than LSU or OU.

-Of the three teams, USC had the weakest schedule.

-USC's only loss was to an unranked team.

-USC is in the sweet spot.  They don't have to play one of the other two top teams.

They just crushed the #4 team, but that doesn't make them #1.  There are three teams going for the championship, and Michigan ain't one of 'em.  LSU beat the bejeezus out of #5 Georgia in the last game of the regular season, and they beat them a lot worse than USC beat Michigan.

There should be a stipulation in the BCS rules that you have to win your conference to play for the national championship.  That would have solved this problem, and it would be USC vs LSU.  USC is a great team, but I don't see how anyone can say with such certainty that they are the best, when's there's two other great teams out there with tougher schedules.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#21]
-USC didn't have to play a conference championship, therefore having one less win than LSU or OU.
View Quote

OU didn't win their conference title and quite honestly, looked embarrassing against K-State. And your point was?

-Of the three teams, USC had the weakest schedule.
View Quote

And OU's tough schedule was built on teams like the University of North Texas, UCLA, Baylor, etc. Yeah, those were tough wins.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Slightly off topic but...
[b]Sloth writes[/b]
...the PAC-10 is perhapse the weakest BCS conference. As for the skills of Michigan...over rated. The Big Ten is what 2-6 in bowl games this season.
View Quote

The Big10 conference has 9 teams (of eleven) playing in bowl games this year.  Granted their performances have been less than stellar.  What other conferences have 82% of their teams represented?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#23]
[b]USC NATIONAL CHAMPS![/b]

I was hoping for this since USC handed Auburn their asses at the start of the season... It lessens my pain!

BTW, AU over Wisconsin, 14-28!! [bounce]  Now that was a good game!

WAR EAGLE!! See ya'll next year!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I think the top four teams should be in a playoff each year. If you are 5th, tough crap.

BTW, I watched the game yesterday and was impressed with USC. I think they should be co-champs with whoever wins the Sugar Bowl, but I'm not kidding myself, I think LSU would probably beat USC straight up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

MICHIGAN LOST! THAT'S "L" FOR LOOSER!!!

View Quote

Funny, I didn't see any Ohio teams playing today.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Miami of Ohio and BGSU both won their bowl games and I think we are in for a good one tonight as well!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey genius, it's spelled [b]loser[/b], not [b]looser[/b]. Not like I give a shit about either team, mind you.
View Quote

Give him a break, He is from Ohio.  He's doing the best he can.[:D]

Just messin' with you Glimmerman.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#28]
All y'all are full of shit on this one.  The real national champs won't be playing football this weekend but they are all on a field, 10,000 miles away.
The field of combat.

Merlin
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
All y'all are full of shit on this one.  The real national champs won't be playing football this weekend but they are all on a field, 10,000 miles away.
The field of combat.

Merlin
View Quote

Yup...in the grand scheme of things...football don't mean diddly squat.

[marines]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

USC and LSU played two common opponents and the score differeential was [b]1[/b] point for each game, in favor of LSU.

LSU beat Arizon 59-13, SC beat them 45-0
LSU beat Auburn 31-7 and SC beat them 23-0.  

That hardly hints at collapse, rather parity.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Right now K-State isn't doing anything to help the Sooners claim.

They whooped the Sooners, but now the Buckeyes are spanking them like a naughty child.

LSU I am prepared to accept #2. The Sugar Bowl should have been USC and LSU.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Right now K-State isn't doing anything to help the Sooners claim.

They whooped the Sooners, but now the Buckeyes are spanking them like a naughty child.

[red]LSU I am prepared to accept #2. The Sugar Bowl should have been USC and LSU.[/red]
View Quote

Finally...a small glimmer of common sense in this ebon sky bereft of rational thought.  [;D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]
If LSU spanks Oklahoma, LSU will be No. 1.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looser than what?????

Don't you mean [size=6]LOSER[/size=6]?  Talk about losers.

On the subject of national champs, if LSU barely beats Jokelahoma, I will concede they, USC, are champs, but if LSU puts a whipping on them, I will consider LSU the champs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I dunno Looser kinda fits, their teeth are looser, their helmets are looser, the alumni wallets are looser, their gi tracts are looser.  Lots of things get loosened up when you gets the stuffing kicked out of you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Why do these semi literates spell lose "loose" but dont spell lost "Loost"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top