Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 3:31:37 PM EDT
Any thoughts on one of these over another?  From a sellers point of view.

It sounds like lots of folks are jaded on the EE here due to all the dealer ads, and I was looking for some other options.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunbroker usually has better prices. I've never been able to 'steal' anything on Gunsamerica, but have got some good deals on gunbroker.

Gunsamerica is just a listing service. People will ask full price for stuff, if you want it cheaper, you have to call and haggle.

On gunbroker people often expect a lot of bids on something, so they start the auction pretty low. If nobody bids, you can get some deals. Also, I think gunbroker 'regulars' tend to want to make their money on volume.

There are several things I'd like to have, if I had the money I could buy them new off gunbroker, pay shipping and transfer fees, and come out cheaper than buying local.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any thoughts on one of these over another?  [red]From a sellers point of view.[/red]

It sounds like lots of folks are jaded on the EE here due to all the dealer ads, and I was looking for some other options.
View Quote

I'm not looking to buy, I'm looking to sell.

Looks like gunsamerica charges you $10 for all sales up to $1k.  Not bad at all.  I never really realized that it was a listing site, not an auction, before.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no reason not to list the item for sale on both sites. Just make sure your reserve is set properly or that you have the starting price where you want it. I have had an equal amount of inquiries from both sites but you'll find that lots of bids on gunbroker are people hoping you dind't set your reserve high enough and they might get away with a deal. People do stupid shit like bidding $100 on a brand new Colt 6400.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Norman,
Sorry, didn't catch that. I'd still go w/ gunbroker, or, to be completely honest, if it's within their rules to do so, I'd sell your (non-firearm) stuff on ebay. It's cruel to say, but their are more overpaying morons on ebay.

Whywork,

Yeah, I'll bid $100 on a $1000 item. Try it sometime. Once in a blue moon, you get a heckuva deal that way. Otherwise, it just helps generate interest in the item.

I've never bought a gun for pennies on the dollar, but I have got some smokin' deals on other stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top