Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 11:30:45 AM EDT
First of all, lets please not turn this into a flame fest.

I am looking for information posted here a while back (tried searching but that didn't help much). There was an article where some palestinian official in the 70s stated there was no such thing as a palestine or palestinian and I need that. Also, any other facts that despute the whole palestinian BS would be appreciated.

Edited to add:
I need this information to refute a liberals claim that "palestine" and "its people" are being destroyed. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The concept of there is no such thing as Palestine, that there are no Palestinians,  is relatively recent.  I suggest you look at the Balfour Declaration, Google on Ben-Gurion and Palestine and you will find that Palestine was recognized as a legitimate state by the founders of Israel.  but what did they know?  Ergo people who lived in Palestine are Palestinians.

From the Israel Declaration

ACCORDINGLY, WE, the members of the National Council, representing the Jewish people in Palestine and the Zionist movement of the world, met together in solemn assembly today, the day of the termination of the British mandate for Palestine, by virtue of the natural and historic right of the Jewish and of the Resolution of the General Assembly of the United Nations,

HEREBY PROCLAIM the establishment of the Jewish State in Palestine, to be called ISRAEL.

Anybody on either side that tries to argue that there is or was no Palestine is being specious at best.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anybody on either side that tries to argue that there is or was no Palestine is being specious at best.
View Quote

Hey skippy, there has NEVER been a state or nation of Palestine.  Go ahead, find a legitimate map from any time in history that proves otherwise.  And while you are at it, find out who its leaders were.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I am specifically talking about information detailing how most "palestinians" are Jordanian nationals and the rest being rejects from other middle eastern muslim countries. Also, the interview I referred to was done in the 70s by some European magazine or whatever and the palestinian official said the whole issue of palestine was made up to facilitate the pushing of their agenda (i.e. destroying Israel and the like).

Again, please no flame wars. I need this information to teach a liberal a lesson.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
well, the palestinians are people that lived and live in a place called palestine, on the eastern edge of the mediterranean. many of them are jordanian nationals, however, their ancestors typically came from a bit west of jordan - palestine, and they claim palestinian nationality/ethnicity. there are hundreds of thousands of displaced palestinians living in other countries today.

the area known as palestine has long been dominated by various other powers. ottomans, brits, whatever. that doesn't mean that there were/are not people that have lived there for a long time.

were germans actually germans before the german speaking people were united under one gov't in the 19th century? whatever the answer, i'll bet rudolph would be pissed about being tossed off his family's land pre-german unification.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure I know the article he's referring to. I've looked for it before and never could find a copy of it. I got mine in an email. I can check with the original sender for a copy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I rest my case.

Just about any map from 1945 or before shows Palestine.  Go take a look.  I've got a Rand-McNally World map from about 1922 that shows Palestine.  If I could figure out a way to get it on the scanner, I'ld get a picture.

You sound like one of those ChiComs that say there is no Taiwan.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.bible-history.com/geography/glossary/ntcities.cfm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/Map5_OwnerShip.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure that 'palestine remembered .com is an objective source.

hmm- merriam webster:

One entry found for Palestine.
Main Entry: Pal·es·tine
Pronunciation: 'pa-l&-"stIn
Variant(s): or Latin Pal·aes·ti·na  /"pa-l&-'stE-n&, -'stI-/
Usage: geographical name
1 ancient region SW Asia bordering on E coast of the Mediterranean & extending E of Jordan River
2 former country bordering on the Mediterranean on W & Dead Sea on E; a part of the Ottoman Empire 1516-1917, a British mandate 1923-48; now approximately coextensive with Israel with Arab Palestinians in the West Bank having limited self-rule since 1993

on a different note -weren't the  philistines and the hittites white tribes? The indo european people were there before arabs/pali's/muslims.
Most of the goodies looted from the museum in baghdad were from white civilization.

>>but in a nut shell- what he said:
Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six-Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
you're right, it's not an objective source for a lot of stuff. but i doubt they fudged the population numbers. it's well known that jews didn't start to emigrate to that area in large numbers before the 20th century.  

for most of the world nationalism IS a post WWI thing. look at all of the postcolonial states.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
ETH,

Thanks very much for the indepth post. May I have permission to copy and paste that to the liberal I am trying to set straight?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I rest my case.....
You sound like one of those ChiComs that say there is no Taiwan.  
View Quote

And if you read ETH's post you will see that your case rested on false info.  The map you referred to would be the equivalent of calling Appalachia a country inside the US.  The term "Palestine" referes to a place ... not a country. Not now, not EVER!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
One other point, the terrorist Arafat (their esteemed leader)is Egyptian.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#15]
And, the most intersting bit of Palli-trivia? Despite their claim to be an irredentist movement seeking the "liberation" of land seized from [i]Jordan[/i] [SHOCK] {How does anybody but Jordan "re-take" Jordanian territory?}, the PLO's charter, calling for the eradication of Israel, was written in 1964 - [b]4 years[/b] before the seizure of the West Bank.

BTW, can anyone name the last king, president, or prime minister of "Palestine?" Can anybody tell us what their unit of currency was called? Anybody?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top