Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 5:00:13 AM EDT
I guess not.  This was on the Drudge Report.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#1]
He's a commie.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]

I elieve he and another of his friends, Waylon Jennings possibly, caught a lot of flack in the eighties for preforming fund rasiers for the Indians convicted of killing FBI agents in the 70's. Somethin about the akeover of the historic site at Wounded Knee. Looking for links now... fullclip

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Willie believes in smoking dope and having a “good” time. He has killed way to many brain cells to be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
No, Toby Keith believed in fighting bad guys.  Willie believed in getting some money from a commercially successful song to help him pay his tax debts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah....and a hypocrite.

..and we'll raise up our glasses, against evil forces....my ass.

Why don't y'all run that pinko millionaire out of Texas?

-HS
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Careful, Eric.  You're starting to sound bitter. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Even Bill Clinton refused to sign a pardon/clemency for Leonard Peltier in his last days in office. He must really be trash if Clinton avoided him... fullclip
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]
He's trash, always has been, tried ripping off all the taxpayers, then gets his liberal friends & public to pay his tab. He wrote and sang a protest song during Gulf War 1 too. He needs to move in with the fat Dipsy Chix and they can combine their spew.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#10]
hippy trash
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He's so seldom here in Texas that we never get a chance.

I thought that the whiskey and weed would get to him one day.

Well, that 'one day' was years and years ago!

The benefit was for two-FBI-agents-slayer/executioner Leonard Peltier, a bigger POS you could never find!

But he was an AIM hero, and still is, but has been relegated to the back seat of the Liberal Pity Bus, while that freaking police killer Mumbo Jumbo Mumia, or whatever his name is, sits up front!

Eric The(NotSurprised)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric,

As usual, your have your opinions and aren't shy about sharing them.  

However, it seems that your opinion in this case comes strictly from the .gov side.  May I suggest the book "In The Spirit Of Crazy Horse", by Peter Matthiessen.  It is thoroughly researched and documented, the type of reading I think you can appreciate.

He makes a strong case that the FBI lied, fabricated evidence, and manipulated evidence to ensure that somebody- anybody- would see prison for the deaths of those two agents.  

I think by now you guys know I'm not some leftist liberal whacko.  I don't campaign against sports team names like the Braves and Chiefs.  After reading Matthiessen's book I am convinced that justice was not served in this case.

An example from many discrepancies is:

Critical ballistic information reflecting Mr. Peltier's innocence was withheld from the defense team, making a fair trial impossible. Specifically, at the trial, the FBI ballistic expert, Evan Hodge, testified that he had been unable to perform the best test, a firing pin test, on certain casings found near the agents' car, because the rifle in question had been damaged in a fire. Instead, he stated that he had conducted an extractor mark test, and found the casing and weapon to match.

Years later, documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act showed that in October 1975 a firing pin ballistic test had indeed been performed on the rifle and that the results were clearly negative. In short, the fatal bullet did not come from Leonard Peltier's weapon. The jury never heard about any of these crucial issues.
View Quote

(From [url]http://www.freepeltier.org/peltier_faq.htm[/url]

I'd recommend reading the book and digging a bit further.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Brohawk said:
I think by now you guys know I'm not some leftist liberal whacko.
View Quote

Well, I did until I read this left-wing, liberal, pinko, commie drivel.
Just kidding. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]
As a man who practices law (you, not me), I'm surprised at how easily you brush this aside.  The point of what I was saying is that he was convicted on fabricated evidence and perjured testimony.  That is not justice.

He wasn't convicted on a charge of "Refusing to name the real shooter."

Is it that the law is a general guideline, but what matters is that we string somebody up in the end?

Back to the original topic, Willie & Co. seem to be displaying an amazing lack of compassion for the formerly victimized citizens of Iraq.  Sure, we could have left them in "peace" as the Hussein family continued to torture, rape , and murder.  Wouldn't that have been the nice, Hollywood thing to do?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

[Charlie Daniels on]"He's a friend of them long-haired, hippie type, pinko fags
I betcha he's even got a Commie flag
Tacked up on the wall, inside of his garage
He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage."[:)][/Charlie Daniels off]

Speach is free thank god Leonard Peltier is not.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

[bold]"He's a friend of them long-haired, hippie type, pinko fags
I betcha he's even got a Commie flag
Tacked up on the wall, inside of his garage
He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage."[:)][/bold]
View Quote

I'll give you a point for the long hair part, but the rest is off the mark. [;)]

Bro(Nothinguneasyaboutmyriding)hawk

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't played it for Toby (Keith) yet
View Quote

We'll know if he does. Toby will remove what's left of his teeth.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I haven't played it for Toby (Keith) yet
View Quote

We'll know if he does. Toby will remove what's left of his teeth.
View Quote

I wouldn't bet on it. Remember, in the Dan Rather interview with Toby K. he said he was against the war, but supported the troops... fullclip
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top