Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 3:39:29 AM EDT
and thats fine with me but, when is the goddamn price gonna drop on this stuff? I just saw New Yorks for 11 dollars a lb. WTF?

Is the price dropping where you live yet?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
in trading today it dropped to .06 cents per pound today!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:47:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Not that I've noticed yet.  I expect one of two things:

1. The free market will adjust price according to supply and demand.

or

2. The .gov will bail out cattle ranchers with massive subsidies of OUR taxpayer money, paying them to slaughter & burn cattle in mass funeral pyres to keep prices artificially high.

Let's watch and see...
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for the USA  consumer, cheap prices.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Option 2, Brohawk...
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I Heard Theres 30 Countries Refusing Our Beef
View Quote

Probably the same thirty countries who refuse to help us in Iraq. For them, this is yet another chance to stick it to Uncle Sam. What else did you expect?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Option 2, Brohawk...
View Quote

Ditto.

If this happens, I'm going to be eating a lot more chicken.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I bet that some of those 30 nations will lose their import restrictions soon because their consumers don't like expensive beef.  

Domestically I hope as a consumer to buy cheaper beef, but feel sorry for farmers like my uncle who will lose through no fault of their own (there will be less feed sold too).

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys, the early polls are the sheeple aren't panicing in the US so I don't expect prices to drop that much.

IMHO, just another excuse for the rest of the world to rape us on the trade deficit.

Hey, I got an idea! SARs is in China, let's ban all Chinese products!

Will our government react to the beef ban? NOPE!

Wouldn't want to disturb their overseas campaign contributions now would we?

Tj

Tj
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#9]
New York steaks were $7.50 or so three weeks ago - on sale this week for $3.50 or so and I've got a big freezer full.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top