Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 8:54:09 PM EDT
Just got a set of aforementioned GPSs.  Figured out a bunch of stuff except how to update the location.  Anybody know how?
My son wanted to type this.
fetfrf  rjhf  hjuiol  to d,  yhgtnnj'  jnthhj  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Main menu, call up that waypoint, scroll down to what you want to update.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
But I still can't seem to figure out the exact lat long of where I am at this moment.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, this is a pain in the ass at times...

course my way of solving those problems is to push as many buttons as possible until the desired results are achieved...

have you tried the radio yet?? really cool...haven't tested it to see how far it can go, but i love these little gadgets...

boy..i didn't help you at all
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you trying to do this outside in the open? Sorry to say they don't work too well inside structures.

If you're still in default settings and haven't modified any of the display settings.

Power up the unit.

To display your location press the page button (On the side beneath the Talk button) until you get to the Navigation Screen.

Or press the Click Stick to bring up the drop down menu with the available display pages and scroll down to Navigation.

Use the Click Stick to highlight one of the window titles. In this case I'll use the Destination window in the upper left--under the battery meter.

Press the Click Stick and a sub menu pops up with a list of display options. Scroll down to Location (Lat/Lon) and click. Now your location will be displayed on your Navigation page.

This also works on the Trip Computer page items.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
have you tried the radio yet?? really cool...haven't tested it to see how far it can go, but i love these little gadgets...
View Quote

I'd like to know what other people's experience is when trying to use the RINO in conjunction with other brands of FRS radios.

I've tried to use my Garmin with Motorola 6300 series radios and the signal is distorted and practically unintelligable--and yes, both units are set to the same channel and code. The signal sounds find between two Motorolas.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two RINOs, a 120 and a 110.  Both work perfectly fine on the radio portion when talking between other brands of FRS radios.  I have had some difficulty with the VOX headset on the 120, other folks in my Jeep club can't hear me that well when it is connected.  Disconnect, use it normally, no problems.

-Gator
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks.
But I still can't seem to figure out the exact lat long of where I am at this moment.
View Quote

Sure glad I got the Magellan. It reports where I am. I don't have to type it in.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sure glad I got the Magellan. It reports where I am. I don't have to type it in.[:D]
View Quote

That's just to configure the RINO. Once it's set up you don't have to reconfigure everytime you turn it on.

Does your Magellan have an integrated FRS/GMRS radio that can transmit your location to a similar unit?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have had some difficulty with the VOX headset on the 120, other folks in my Jeep club can't hear me that well when it is connected.  Disconnect, use it normally, no problems.
-Gator
View Quote

One of the firmware updates to the 120 will fix that problem (or at least it did with mine).

See:  [url]http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=219[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top