Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 8:51:15 PM EDT
I need a link please. To the post a couple of months ago about the guy who shot himself with his .40 Glock while showing his friend the proper way to disasemble it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Not the same story, but here in Nashville a cop from Smyrna (ironic, that) shot his leg with a .40 Glock while going through a check-in at the prison. Stupid SOB dropped it, he grabbed at it & finger hit the trigger.

The dept bigwigs were AGHAST that a Glock would do that & it certainly HAD to be a slam fire, something a Glock design doesn't allow (as we all know).

They even sent the gun back to Glock for "testing".

The cop lost his leg as the bullet hit his femoral artery & the leg lost circulation. Yet another Darwin candidate, IMO.

The "Tennessean" newspaper carried the story, I guess it was at least a year ago, maybe two?

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The story I'm talking about was a member here, who shot his thigh, & posted pictures of the wound. It was in the last few months. I did a search under accidental discharge, & got nothing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember the thread too.  Try a search under NEGLIGENT discharge which is what we all agreed it was.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Tried all the above suggestions, got nothing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
i have worked on probably 15 cases of GLOCK LEG on people in the 11 years i have been working with ER's in major hospitals.

in 3 cases..
LEO's confronting dangerous suspects that were either armed with a weapon like a knife or gun shot themselves in the leg while drawing his own weapon.

my favorite case is the deputy from logan county i believe that was confronting a "NUDE mexican or asian male" armed with a machete walking down a section line road after receiving a call from a paratrooper home on leave that was jogging and came across this guy in the course of his jog.

makes you wonder about people who dont have any training in safe weapons handling that carry a glock and their own chances of getting a severe limp.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
i dont think it was a glock, i think it was an XD.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
this it? [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=210914&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes! That's it.[:D] Thanks EX11B.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]
no problem. it was worth seeing the pic with the barrel swab after its pulled out of the bullet wound.
[img]http://members.cox.net/a320az2/mohab3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Bob;

The story in Smyrna that comes to mind is, the officer left his duty rig on the kitchen table, and his very young son got ahold of it, discharged it, and I think shot and killed himself.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top