Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2003 6:54:47 PM EDT
Check out this link here:

www.nypost.com/seven/12292003/business/14640.htm

OK, you're back.

It is inconceivable that a person could reduce the utter depravity of child molestation to a meaningless event.

But that's what Christopher Byron has just done.

A video game, a damned VIDEO GAME is 10,000 times worse than child molestation.

What a joke.

You could email Mr Byron at [email protected], but he's probably busy writing a follow-up article downplaying the horror of rape and murder and informing us of the terror that is Yu-Gi-Oh!

You could also email the NY Post editors at [email protected] and let them know how offended you are.

If this isn't shades of Dr. Frederic Wertham, I don't know what is.  Seduction of the Innocent, indeed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
New York Post.... nough said...
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Idiots like that (no, I didnt read the article...the posts here say all that need be said) are the very reason why I buy games like Grand Theft Auto III (which was fun as hell, BTW. Although the car never rocks after picking up a hooker and driving into an alley, like its supposed to. My money DID go down, though).

Dont these idiots have a life? Dont they have ANYTHING better to do than whine about video games? Couldnt they arrange their sock drawer or something? They probably have each pair named, they could arrange them alphabetically.

Idiots like this, their theme song is "I'm a Loser, Baby...So Why Dont You Kill Me?". Yes, thats the question....why not indeed?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
And if this guy saw CounterStrike or FireArms what would he think?

Maybe his next article will lambast the Army for releasing a government funded 'violent video game' (the purpose of which is to make people want to join the Army, a good use of government funds (assuming it works) if I can think of one)...
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
One could ask, Would you rather find a CD in your child's bed, or Michael Jackson?

cynic
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
As a digital artist who spent some time in the game industry, this kinda crap just pisses me off to no end. Video games have become the new scapegoat for societies ills. When I was in grade school it was D&D. In high school it was rap music and now this. Frekin simple minded retard.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Liberals, a class of people that want to keep you insulated from the evils of the world. Until some bastard sticks a shank into you and takes your wallet. Then it is your fault for not "giving enough" in terms of taxes to get this bastard a chance at a new life via welfare or some other .gov program.

One thing that GTA 3 and vice city let you exercise is free will. To finish the game you only really have to make war with the other drug dealers. The civvies can be left to their own devices if you wish. The player has the ultimate choice.

Personally I run over as many as the bastard peds as I can just because I can.

Because it's a FUCKING GAME.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top