Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 5:17:54 PM EDT
I can get one for 150.00 NIB is it worth 150.00 bucks ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
They pretty much are a single stack Beretta 92.

I hear they are pretty good for a truck gun.

If I had $150 and knew where to get one, I probably would.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I can not tell from photos do they have a extractor or do they eject like the M21 Beretta ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF CC? Are you going for the most posts in one day record or somthing?

Dammm!
CH

oh those guns are a POS.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
they have an extractor

[url]http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1160zPISTOL[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dammm!
CH

oh those guns are a POS.
View Quote

[size=6]?[/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammm!
CH

oh those guns are a POS.
View Quote

[size=6]?[/size=6]
View Quote

Sorry, too many windows open at once...
CH

The gun is still a POS, IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Beretta's rumoured locking block problems made real by poor arab metallurgy.

Piss poor sights.  Seemed to function well, while it functioned.

The Neutral Observer's pistol locked up after about 100 rounds, with metal parts deformed from the "stress" of firing 9mm loads.

It took significant amounts of metalworking to return the pistol to operating condition.  Filing down of parts, use of a grindstone, etc.  Some parts were removed and discarded.

The pistol still does not work like it should.  Unecessary parts that were damaged beyond repair and removed were not completely unnecessary, but the pistol only suffers slightly due to their absence.  The fit of the pistol is much worse due to the extensive damage and attempted repairs.  It feels like it will fall apart in your hand.

It now fires, but The Neutral Observer expects the slide will detach during firing, sooner rather than later.  The Neutral Observer is stuck with this thing, unable to dispose of it and unwilling to sell it to someone else and put them at risk.

In short, stay away from this peice of egyptian crap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
A major thank you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
the "HELWAN" is a direct copy of the Beretta
model 1951 pistol, this pistol was also put into service by Egypt & Israel, the design uses
swinging bolt under the barrel just like a P38.
The magazine release is located on the lower
grip frame and it has a hole through the grip
where the mag release button is located on the
lower left grip panel.

I liked the HELWAN better than the TOKAREV or
CZ52.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a HELWAN, 9mm.  It fired well, and was accurate.  Sold it for $500.00   Don't ask.[:D]

Made by Maadi in Egypt.  As I understand, they issued that model to its officers in the military.

The trigger is a crappy POS...it uses a bent piece of metal as a spring....

[img]http://oldrifles.com/helw-2-n_70.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like a precursor to the Beretta 92, but with the safety in a better place (I'm assuming that lever over the trigger-guard is the safety)...

If I was looking for a less expensive car gun (right now I use a W. Geman PPK (Another Interarms import, however of a bit higher quality), since I got it for less than my 92FS), I'd take a Ballester Molina, Makarov, or a Caprati (Romanian PPK copy (not Makarov related))...

I trust Eastern European metalurgy far better than Egyptian or Chinese work...
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I had the opportunity to fire one of these in Egypt, actually, several years ago. It was the only firearm I've ever fired that I was as afraid of being behind as in front of. The thing was so loose and rattle-ridden, I wasn't sure it'd even go into battery. We were shooting these really crude-looking round-nose lead bullets. A truly frightening experience. I made the mistake of actually trying to aim the miserable thing. My Egyptian firends just emptied the magazine in a generally "over there" direction. These guys were former Egyptian AF pilots! Schmucks. We had a full-auto Maadi rifle, too. Jam-o-matic. I don't know how they did it, but the Egyptian figured out how to make an AK completely unreliable.

Highly advanced technological society - yeah, right.

If you're looking for an inexpensive car gun, look into a [url=www.makarov.com]Makarov[/url]. If you want a bit more power and ammunition selection than 9x18M, get a .380 barrel for it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#14]
They extract straight upwards tending to drop hot 9mm brass into your shirt and between your shooting glasses.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#15]
For a truck gun, I have seen alot of used .357s on the market. I bought one for $150 a few years back. It was a 1950s Colt Target. SO many peoople want hi cap autos the .357s are real cheap.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#16]
A big thank you 150.00 bucks is a 150.00 bucks, better guns out there for that. Thanks and have a happy new year all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Beretta's rumoured locking block problems made real by poor arab metallurgy.

Piss poor sights.  Seemed to function well, while it functioned.

The Neutral Observer's pistol locked up after about 100 rounds, with metal parts deformed from the "stress" of firing 9mm loads.

It took significant amounts of metalworking to return the pistol to operating condition.  Filing down of parts, use of a grindstone, etc.  Some parts were removed and discarded.

The pistol still does not work like it should.  Unecessary parts that were damaged beyond repair and removed were not completely unnecessary, but the pistol only suffers slightly due to their absence.  The fit of the pistol is much worse due to the extensive damage and attempted repairs.  It feels like it will fall apart in your hand.

It now fires, but The Neutral Observer expects the slide will detach during firing, sooner rather than later.  The Neutral Observer is stuck with this thing, unable to dispose of it and unwilling to sell it to someone else and put them at risk.

In short, stay away from this peice of egyptian crap.
View Quote

a freind of mines did the exact same thing.

mike
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#18]
purchased one locally 7 years ago, took it to the range with some standard winchester ammo, 3rd round the slide buldged on both sides.  It was not an ammo problem but a shitty metal composition/eqyptian engineering issue.  I stayed away from Berettas for years becasue it spooked me bad enough.  Save you money and buy a makarov instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top