Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2003 12:12:32 PM EDT
with Val Kilmer, as they are about to go into orbit around Mars, Val apparently puts on a song that is a real heavy, hard driving, kind of song.  Does anyone know the name of the song and who does it?  I want to find it on CD.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
they sell a soundtrack to the movie

[url]http://www.ark21.com/theredplanet.htm[/url]

tracklisting button tells you name and artist of song.

edit: you can buy it here used for $8.00 and even hear bits of songs to make sure you got the right one.

[url]http://www.moviemusic.com/CD/redplanet.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant even remember the song that was played.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Peter Gabriel's "the tower that ate people"?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys.  It is indeed "The Tower that Ate People".

After watching it the other night, I can't get the song out of my head and I guess I will have to buy it.

Will it be available only on the soundtrack or can I find it on a Peter Gabriel CD?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It's on an imported cd called OVO which sounds like a bizarre CD which tells a story. It also is available on a 2-CD "Hit" Compilation. Thats the name of the cd "Hit"
The U.S. version has a radio mix of the song you like.  The U.K. version has the soundtrack version. In fact the U.S./UK/German/Japanese versions all contain some different songs and versions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
And I was gonna submit Holst.

nevermind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top