Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 10:45:08 AM EDT
I don't remember most of it, but I do know that a friend of mine was kidnapped in some sort of shopping center, and I was out to save her.

Somehow, I just happened to get trapped in a sporting goods store while the bad guy was shooting at me.  So, I grabbed an AR off the shelf and loaded up some mags.

Then came the problem...  The mags would only go in backwards at first.  I tried other mags.  They worked, but EVERY round got hung up in the action and pushed the bullet all the way into the case.

As bullets were whizzing by me and I was defenseless, I woke up in a cold sweat.

I hate dreams like that.  Now I have to go to the range to check my mags.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes I have dreams where I can't get my gun to fire, the trigger is all fvcked up like a broken cap gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]
It means your gay.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It means your gay.
View Quote

So [i]that's[/i] why I keep thinking you're cute.

[;D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It means your gay.
View Quote

So [i]that's[/i] why I keep thinking you're cute.

[;D]
View Quote

The last time I posted about a bizarre dream, someone said it meant that I was gay. The dream, not the posting. Well, maybe he meant the posting, I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
It means you want to be a MallNinja.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to have some incredible dreams. Not so much anymore.
The nice thing was I could always change who I was , sometimes leaving my dream body and just observing, other times being different characters. And I always knew I was dreaming, so no matter how intense the dreams became, they never became nightmares. If I was shot (thousands of times, and sometimes by bad-ass aliens with super weapons) or if I was falling from a mountain, I would become cognizant that I was dreaming and refuse to die. I liked the times when I was falling to my death, and then just flew away, cruising over the landscape, or the times I mopped up whole battalions of aliens, to their utter disbelief, as I shrugged off their high-voltage plasma weapons.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#7]
One in a great while I have the "my handguns trigger weighs 20lbs and I cant hit shit" dream or the one where my bullets just plane dont stop him.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Good Grief! You had the "I don't have anything but USA mags" nightmare!

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Dr. QC is in:

Quoted:
I don't remember most of it, but I do know that a friend of mine was kidnapped in some sort of shopping center, and I was out to save her.
View Quote

This represents your fear of being a cuckold.

Somehow, I just happened to get trapped in a sporting goods store while the bad guy was shooting at me.  So, I grabbed an AR off the shelf and loaded up some mags.
View Quote

This represents your fear of not measuring up.

Then came the problem...  The mags would only go in backwards at first.  I tried other mags.  They worked, but EVERY round got hung up in the action and pushed the bullet all the way into the case.
View Quote

This is the most telling point.  You see, the magazine is being inserted in a way that it was never designed to do.  This “unnatural act” represents your fear of succumbing to your homosexual tendencies.   The bullet, i.e., you manhood is being bushed aside representing your desire to be used like a woman.

As bullets were whizzing by me and I was defenseless, I woke up in a cold sweat
View Quote

This is your fear of letting go!

I hate dreams like that.  Now I have to go to the range to check my mags.
View Quote

It is not your mags you should be worried about.
The again it may mean nothing at all.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#10]
We all have dreams like this.

Means you need more range time.

Honestly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#11]
It means, don't but USA mags.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, don't make fun of brouhaha.

I've had dreams like his too, and they scare the s#it out me. Not funny at all.

Once I had a dream were my M1 only had mags that didn't fit it, and a limited amount of ammo. every time I shot I missed.

Just about the time I'm going to get killed by the BGs I wake up.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Ever have that dream where you're whizzing on a bush and wake up in a warm sweat???

Sly

Edited to add: "Me neither"
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Hah!  I love how people immediately think of USA Mags.  Thankfully, I only have USGI's :)

And "Dr. QC", I think you need to go back to school :)
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I had this dream once where I had to shoot someone in my home in the middle of the night.  I dumped 15 +p 9mm gold dots into him and he wouldn't stop.  I finally had to slit him from ear to ear.  That worked.

Scary as hell because 1) I had 9mm insecurity for weeks and 2) I'd never killed someone, even in a dream.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#16]
All gun-owners I've talked to have problems with guns in dreams; they never work right.  I don't know what the cause is, but it's very common.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hah!  I love how people immediately think of USA Mags.  Thankfully, I only have USGI's :)
View Quote

A couple people have given me USA mags, in order to get rid of them.

They reside in the junk drawer in my gun room (when I moved the gun room from the basement to upstairs, I got a desk).
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Are you shooting blanks? Are you considering shooting blanks?

If not, yeah...you're gay. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Upon reflection, here's what you dream means.

Quoted:
View Quote

Not a chance. No guy has a girl that's just a friend. You just want to have sex with her. The kidnapping is just the roadblock in the way.

View Quote

The AR is a extension of your manliness. What sports store are you in that carries an AR? I'm lucky I can find a soccer ball in ours.

View Quote

This is where you are worried that your "equipment" may malfunction or not work right. Putting a mag in backwards, well...let's not go there.

As bullets were whizzing by me and I was defenseless, I woke up in a cold sweat.
View Quote

The bullets represent all the guys around you who's "equipment" does work right and you just can't compete. You're in a cold sweat because it's a basic fear every guy has.
[:)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, I had this dream once where I had to shoot someone in my home in the middle of the night.  I dumped 15 +p 9mm gold dots into him and he wouldn't stop.  I finally had to slit him from ear to ear.  That worked.

Scary as hell because 1) I had 9mm insecurity for weeks and 2) I'd never killed someone, even in a dream.
View Quote

I had that dream once too.....
I sold the three 9mm handguns I owned and bought 3 .45's.......[rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just wait 'till you have the .45 dream; then you'll need that monster 500 S&W.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sometimes I have dreams where I can't get my gun to fire, the trigger is all fvcked up like a broken cap gun.
View Quote

I've had those!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Just wait 'till you have the .45 dream; then you'll need that monster 500 S&W.  [:D]
View Quote

... Like this Ben?

[img]http://members.cox.net/stevenaz1/4holes.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like you reload or you wouldn't be dreaming about the bullet crimps failing and bullets being shoved back into the cases!

Get your calipers out and recheck some of your reloads,might be a ominious dream!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

... Like this Ben?
View Quote

Yeah, Steve; I can't believe I didn't take the chance to fondle it while I was there!  

Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Man, I hate those dreams.  I had one just the other day, and it stuck with me.

I was at a gas station at night, and I suddenly noticed some unsavory fellows were eyeing me.  I dove into my car and locked the doors when one pulled a knife on me.  I grabbed my 9mm from the glove box, and as soon as he saw it, he pulled a little POS auto pistol from his pocket and aimed it at me through the front passenger window as I was racking my pistol.  He fired first but missed.  I fired back, but the first bullet only shattered the window, but didn't go any farther.  I fired several more rounds quickly, but they all got absorbed by the falling shattered glass.  Finally, the glass was gone, and I fired my tenth and last round, hitting him.  I hadn't put him down, though, and that's when I woke up in a sweat.

I decided then and there that I need to put something in my car that has a higher capacity, and I also really wanted to start carrying on my person rather than just keeping a gun in the car.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Should have grabbed an AK. They will fire anything, even with the mags in backwards. [:D]

CW
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I had one the other day where me, another officer and my FTO came up on someone where he then pulled a knife and attacked us, all three of us empted our guns into him which did nothing. We reloaded and I dumped a hole 15 round mag into him again, all COM. Still nothing. So I pop the trunk and grab my AR and dump that into him, finally he goes down into convulsions. We all start celebrating when he jumps up again and my FTO grabs a Benelli out of the trunk and finally drops him by emptying it into him. Thing is we don't have a Benelli but earlier that day I was thinking about getting one.

Also have the one where the triger pull weighs a ton.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I had one the other day where me, another officer and my FTO came up on someone where he then pulled a knife and attacked us, all three of us empted our guns into him which did nothing. We reloaded and I dumped a hole 15 round mag into him again, all COM. Still nothing. So I pop the trunk and grab my AR and dump that into him, finally he goes down into convulsions. We all start celebrating when he jumps up again and my FTO grabs a Benelli out of the trunk and finally drops him by emptying it into him. Thing is we don't have a Benelli but earlier that day I was thinking about getting one.

Also have the one where the triger pull weighs a ton.
View Quote

Get the Benelli! I love my M1 Tactical.

CW
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow, you guys are lucky...all I ever dream about is having sex with a dorm room full of co-eds.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We all have dreams like this.

Means you need more range time.

Honestly.
View Quote

Uh, Not me!
I don't think I've ever had one

The only dreams I really remember are about girls [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:02:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Seriously!

It means that you dont really know your shit! you are lacking in your means to defend yourself! Your subconscious was trying to tell you that in order to survive you need a defence, which you are lacking.

Shoot more bullets to get more familiarized with the weapons and take some sort of self defence course, or martial arts?

Your brain is telling you that in order to survive you must protect yourself- to do that you must know how, equipment failure is not the machines fault its the operators understanding of why is broken and how to correct it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#33]
DR. QC is in:

Admiral_Crunch - you are not gay - you are just confused.

tac45 - you are insane.  Seek immediate help!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top