Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2003 9:21:07 AM EDT
This is for me, personally.

Whatever I may do in ife, wherever I may go, whoever I may meet, I know that in the back of my mind, my "home" is Jesus Christ.

When I say "home" I mean what I base my self-image on. It's not my job, or my family, or what I drive or what I eat...it's what I believe.

There are many philosophies, many viewpoints, many outlooks on life, but for me there is only one that I keep running back to. That is...Jesus Christ died for my sins because he loved me.

The Bible taught me to love, to respect people (Christian and non-Christian), to be kind and compassionate, to exercise self-discipline, and to be of a sober mind. It makes me feel good when I follow these principles; I think less about myself, and more about pleasing someone else (God).

Marriages may fail, houses may burn down, jobs may disappear, kids may rebel, but ultimately God is the only one who does not change, and who will always be there for you.

For me, it's not a religion. It's a relationship. Just my humble take on the matter.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever been to assweb?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Rock on, clean_cut.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have you ever been to assweb?
View Quote

Not often, but I know they are Bible-thumpers there. That's great for them, but I just don't like the site's garish colors.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's a relationship. Just my humble take on the matter.
View Quote

That's the key. Its NOT about a set of rules.

Its about having a relationship with God, in which you love Him enuf to want what He wants, and eschew (fitty cent word) what He hates.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Marriages may fail,....
View Quote

Have to disagree here. Two people committed to Christ and joined in matrimony by God cannot fail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top