Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 6:24:27 PM EDT
I have dealer pricing from them, and can get a stripped Cavarms lower for $120 (not sure yet if it's a MKII, gonna find that out).
The question is, what do I do about having them ship it?  If I give them someone else's FFL will they ship to them?  Anyone do this before?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You want dealer priceing, become a dealer. [:)]
Otherwise , pay up  cheapskate. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask them if they have SteyrAUG's FFL on record. They probably do. Then pay for it, have it shipped to him, and then go see him.

Tell him you'll give him ten bucks to transfer it to you. If he balks, call him a thief and demand your property!!

I seem to recall from his past threads that it happens to him a lot. I'm sure he'll tell you what to do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't have to have an FFL to get dealer pricing.  You're not paying attention.

I HAVE dealer pricing.  I log in, it tells me the price.  I order from them all the time at dealer pricing.  LE also get dealer pricing, as well as anyone in the "associated industries" like instructors.

The point is that while I have access to the pricing, and get things for dealer cost, I don't have the FFL.  Surely this must apply to someone else here.  I don't really want to use Steyraug 'cause he's done me one FFL favor already that's gone unreturned.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't really want to use Steyraug 'cause he's done me one FFL favor already that's gone unreturned.
View Quote

Ask before acting and then if you get the OK show up with pizza and the transfer fee at pick up time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You're not paying attention.

Anyone can get dealer pricing from Brownell's. I have it too. That does not mean I can buy a firearm and have it shipped willy nilly.

Talk to an FFl holder. Ask him to get one for you from Brownell's. Don't expect to pay Brownell's asking price.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The lower/ reciever has to be transfered just as if it was a complete firearm. Same paper work, nics check . You do know that right ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You don't have to have an FFL to get dealer pricing.  You're not paying attention.

I HAVE dealer pricing.  I log in, it tells me the price.  I order from them all the time at dealer pricing.  LE also get dealer pricing, as well as anyone in the "associated industries" like instructors.

The point is that while I have access to the pricing, and get things for dealer cost, I don't have the FFL.  Surely this must apply to someone else here.  I don't really want to use Steyraug 'cause he's done me one FFL favor already that's gone unreturned.
View Quote

Brownells requires an inked copy of an FFL on file to ship.  Find someone to do the transfer and it should not be an issue as long as Brownells has an inked copy of their FFL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
They will ship the "GUN" to the FFL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The question is, what do I do about having them ship it? If I give them someone else's FFL will they ship to them?
View Quote

Yes. Kind of hard to imagine the receiving FFL holder not having or receiving FFL pricing from Brownell's (they give it away like candy, you know).

I've had things ship based on my discount as well as the recipient's discount from Brownell's. Not really a problem, unless your FFL holder is a certain member.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've had things ship based on my discount as well as the recipient's discount from Brownell's. Not really a problem, unless your FFL holder is a certain member.
View Quote

Thank you!  Wow, such a simple question and so many replies that were off track.  Thanks for weeding through the bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you! Wow, such a simple question and so many replies that were off track. Thanks for weeding through the bullshit.
View Quote

NOTE: You only receive ONE discount, vice two discounts (does that make sense?), unless your receiving FFL holder is a certain member.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#12]
From what I understand about Cav arms and Brownells from what they posted in the past is they ship their orders out from Az.  They make an order in the catalog, it gets Fwd to Cav arms and they do the rest.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
From what I understand about Cav arms and Brownells from what they posted in the past is they ship their orders out from Az. They make an order in the catalog, it gets Fwd to Cav arms and they do the rest.
View Quote

I.e., a drop shipment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From what I understand about Cav arms and Brownells from what they posted in the past is they ship their orders out from Az. They make an order in the catalog, it gets Fwd to Cav arms and they do the rest.
View Quote

I.e., a drop shipment.
View Quote

Thanks.  The word slipped my mind.

View Quote

Lets not start a war here [;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#15]
In case anyone is wondering, I emailed Brownells to ask them about this, I got the following reply
Good morning,

In regards to your question about the FFL. Your FFL contact will need to let us know it is okay to ship this item to him for you, or he can order it for you. Sorry for the inconvience on this but the federal law prohibits us in doing this any other way.

Thank you
Pam Hurst
Brownells Inc
View Quote

Basically it sounds like she's suggesting just going to the other dealer and saying "look, I've got the same pricing as you, will you order this for me if I pay you $20 or so".  From what she says it's not enough to simply send in a copy of someone else's FFL with my order, I'd actually have to have them call it in.
In general, for me, probably not worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a C&R and I get dealer pricing but  I still need an FFL for a non C&R gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Really?  you have to ship to the FFL address?  Wow, I never would have guessed.  I guess that explains what we were doing for those years I sold guns....
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[red]From what she says it's not enough to simply send in a copy of someone else's FFL with my order,[/red] I'd actually have to have them call it in.
View Quote

No sh-t college boy.  Why is it you get pissy when you ask this type of question? You asked a stupid question.  You got honest answers to your question.  Brownells answer is consistent with everyone else’s then you piss on CAMPYBOB because you did not get the answer you wanted.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#20]
You know, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems that Norman got bent out of shape starting by Cyanide's responce to him. If all of you could have just answered his question instead of busting his balls for trying to save some money (hell, I do that too), this thread wouln't be where its at now....just a pissing contest.
Best thing to do is goto your local FFL and ask him about doing it your way, and go from there.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[red]From what she says it's not enough to simply send in a copy of someone else's FFL with my order,[/red] I'd actually have to have them call it in.
View Quote

No sh-t college boy.  Why is it you get pissy when you ask this type of question? You asked a stupid question.  You got honest answers to your question.  Brownells answer is consistent with everyone else’s then you piss on CAMPYBOB because you did not get the answer you wanted.
View Quote

I guess the military didn't do a very good job of teaching you how to read huh?

I have ordered guns from all over the place, through various FFLs, including the one I worked for.  Generally speaking the assumption is that if someone GAVE me an ink signed copy of their FFL, then chances are I have their permission to use it.  What brownells is asking for is different than that.  This is different than the problem Steyraug has where people call up a company and try to use his ON FILE FFL to order guns.

The key portion of my original question, since your reading comprehension skills are lacking, is
Anyone do this before?
View Quote

I didn't think I used any big words, but if you need to look something up....
[url]www.dictionary.com[/url]
Jim Dandy got it, and I thought you did too from your original post.  Instead, it would appear that yet again you're talking out your ass about something you know nothing about.  Big surprise there.

The question has been asked & answered, both by posters here that actually know what they're talking about, and the company themselves.  Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You know, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems that Norman got bent out of shape starting by Cyanide's responce to him. If all of you could have just answered his question instead of busting his balls for trying to save some money (hell, I do that too), this thread wouln't be where its at now....just a pissing contest.
Best thing to do is goto your local FFL and ask him about doing it your way, and go from there.

View Quote

Exactly.  I'm not really bent out of shape about anything, I'm just getting tired of people posting in threads where they have nothing constructive to say, or don't actually know what the fuck they're talking about, when someone asks a simple question.

[b]Jim_dandy[/b] got it, as did [b]W-W[/b], and yourself.  Amazing that so many others didn't.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Basically it sounds like she's suggesting just going to the other dealer and saying "look, I've got the same pricing as you, will you order this for me if I pay you $20 or so". From what she says it's not enough to simply send in a copy of someone else's FFL with my order, I'd actually have to have them call it in.
In general, for me, probably not worth the hassle.
View Quote

No, that's not true, you wouldn't necessarily have to have the other person call. Just send a signed copy of their FFL along with your order.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The key portion of my original question, since your reading comprehension skills are lacking, is
Anyone do this before?
View Quote

I didn't think I used any big words, but if you need to look something up....
[url]www.dictionary.com[/url]
Jim Dandy got it, and I thought you did too from your original post.  Instead, it would appear that yet again you're talking out your ass about something you know nothing about.  Big surprise there.

The question has been asked & answered, both by posters here that actually know what they're talking about, and the company themselves.  Thanks for playing.
View Quote

You see Normy.  That is why I answered you - See above post containing:

Brownells requires an inked copy of an FFL on file to ship. Find someone to do the transfer and it should not be an issue as long as Brownells has an inked copy of their FFL.
View Quote

Normy, considering you never served, I would not think you are in a position to comment on military training.

I went through this a year ago with Brownells and had to do what I posted; (and is supported by Brownells).  You see Normy, I do have first hand knowledge and you still come across as an idiot.  Maybe building those $200 dollar models fried your brain.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]
1.Walk into your favorite gunshop with Brownells catalog in hand.

2.Point to the "gun" in the catalog, and ask the dealer if he can order one for you, and ask him to quote a price.

3. If the price sounds fair, agree to the deal.

4. When the "gun" arrives, you'll have to fill out the 4473 form(yellow sheet) and go thru all the other stuff your state requires.

Unless you're REAL good friends, Don't expect to get it at the wholesale price.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

>I have dealer pricing from them,
I do too.

>and can get a stripped Cavarms lower for $120
So can I.

>The question is, what do I do about having them ship it?
I do not have an FFL, so if I were to buy it I would have it transfered to my local friendly FFL who will then charge me $10.00 to do the transfer.

If I were to use the local gun shops FFL they would charge me full retail or 25% over my cost plus a $35.00 transfer fee to do the transfer, which ever is cheaper.

>If I give them someone else's FFL will they ship to them?
You can't give them someone elses ink copy of their FFL, it has to come from the FFL holder.

>Anyone do this before?
Yes.

Sounds like you need to find a friendly FFL who is willing to do the transfer for free.
The "firearm" must be shipped to the FFL holder.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

That only occurs if a certain member here is your receiving FFL.

You can't give them someone elses ink copy of their FFL, it has to come from the FFL holder.
View Quote

This is an absurd statement. Brownell's doesn't care from whom they receive the FFL copy (and how would they even know?). They will simply ship to the licensed premises of a valid FFL holder. Period.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#28]
How many FFL holders will make ink copies of their FFL and sign them and then hand them over to the person buying the firearm and let them mail it off?

I have never run into a FFL that will do it.

Brownells returned my FFL's ink copy and the express mailer I bought and paid for that my FFL sent to them when I bought an AR15 lower from them.
Brownells explination? The return address of the sent mail did not match the mailing address of the FFL.

Quoted:
View Quote

That only occurs if a certain member here is your receiving FFL.

View Quote

This is an absurd statement. Brownell's doesn't care from whom they receive the FFL copy (and how would they even know?). They will simply ship to the licensed premises of a valid FFL holder. Period.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#29]
How many FFL holders will make ink copies of their FFL and sign them and then hand them over to the person buying the firearm and let them mail it off?

View Quote

Apparently you don't know very many people.

Brownells returned my FFL's ink copy and the express mailer I bought and paid for that my FFL sent to them when I bought an AR15 lower from them.
Brownells explination? The return address of the sent mail did not match the mailing address of the FFL.
View Quote

Use a little common sense.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I know plenty of people.
Me use common sense?
Brownells sent it back because the FFL's mailing address didn't match the ORIGINAL return address of the mailer.

However, the return label for the package had the FFL's address on the 'to' line and had Brownells address on the 'return' line.

Geeze Jim, for someone who thinks the same way about the gunshops in OKC and who has agreed with me on more than one occasion you sure are getting touchy over this.

Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently you don't know very many people.

View Quote

Use a little common sense.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I know plenty of people.
View Quote

Apparently not with valid FFLs.

Me use common sense?
Brownells sent it back because the FFL's mailing address didn't match the ORIGINAL return address of the mailer.
View Quote

Think about it, but not too hard. Use a little common sense.......

Geeze Jim, for someone who thinks the same way about the gunshops in OKC and who has agreed with me on more than one occasion you sure are getting touchy over this.
View Quote

I'm not touchy about anything. BTW, you shouldn't be touching me either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top