Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 4:07:24 PM EDT
I was wondering, With the ban about to expire and all. If the dems lost the house and senate in 94 because of the ban and then in 2000 they lost the presidency so with all three in control of the republicans WHY did'nt they just repeal it in 2000? what are they waiting for?? it's because they did'nt repeal it, it makes me wonder weather they care about getting rid of it at all? or at best when it does expire they will accept a compromise AWBII??
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
because gw doesn't see anything wrong with it, neither does ashcroft.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Nor would they want to "waste" effort to repeal a law thats is designed to be an experiment and will sunset in a few years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Because it's the anti's crowning achievement, their greatest victory and I'm happy to let them watch it die a slow agonizing death. The Dems repeal it????? From their cold dead hands.......
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Boys, it's here to stay.  The arguement is no hunter or home protector needs a 30 shot mag.  No hunter or home protector needs a flash suppressor.  If it comes out of committee and passes both Houses, any President will sign it. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.  Gun laws aren't repealed.  At least I don't know of any.  The only chance we have is the DemonRATS will try to write a new version that is unpassable.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Boys, it's here to stay.  The arguement is no hunter or home protector needs a 30 shot mag.  No hunter or home protector needs a flash suppressor.  If it comes out of committee and passes both Houses, any President will sign it. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.  Gun laws aren't repealed.  At least I don't know of any.  The only chance we have is the DemonRATS will try to write a new version that is unpassable.  
View Quote

[Grinch voice][b]WRONGO![/b][/Grinch voice]

It will sunset, they wrote it in.  We shall see if it comes back to life.

Besides if the S ever really does HTF that old adage applies: "If you don't have an MG on day one, you will on day two..."  Hell all you really need is an NEF single shot, f*&K that, all you need is a muzzle loader!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[Grinch voice][b]WRONGO![/b][/Grinch voice]

It will sunset, they wrote it in.  We shall see if it comes back to life.
View Quote

I think that's what he meant.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Boys, it's here to stay.  The argument is no hunter or home protector needs a 30 shot mag.  No hunter or home protector needs a flash suppressor.  If it comes out of committee and passes both Houses, any President will sign it. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.  Gun laws aren't repealed.  At least I don't know of any.  The only chance we have is the DemonRATS will try to write a new version that is unpassable.  
View Quote

Gun laws do change.(for the better) Does anyone remember giving your name and address to purchase ammo a few years back? The ammo record keeping requirement was part of the GCA of 1968. Thank goodness its gone now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top