Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 3:02:24 PM EDT
I know this has probably been beat to death, but I have no idea what bump firing means.  I get this mental image of someone holding a rifle in one hand, while smacking it from the back with the other to get it to fire.  I know that's not right.

Could we get a FAQ somewhere for all the annoying & repetitive newbie questions?

Any (correct) explanation would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's DVDTracker?

Pete! Pete! Where are ya boy?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
check this out: [url]http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/bump.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Video demonstration:
[url]http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag.aspx[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll show you how.

For $20.

And for $0.02 royalities for each round fired thereafter [;)]

Seriously...depending on what you're firing, it's pretty easy, but I wouldn't recommend doing so more than once (just to get it out of your system). It wastes ammo, it makes a lot of noise, and if you're not in a CIII-friendly state...it might get you some bad publicity. Not to mention not even God knows where your rounds will hit. Don't try it without a mountain as a backstop.

I've done it a couple times, but it wasn't worth the bother. It just cut down my shooting time, as I only have a finite supply of ammo with me when I go shooting [:)]

But, I really wanna bump-fire a C-Mag still...just, you know, cause I can. One day I should load one of mine up and try it...

Put firearm at waist, hold like you're some schmuck who likes to shoot from the hip. Hold trigger hand steady, with trigger finger sticking straight out. Don't bother to put your hand entirely around the trigger grip. It'll just screw up your wrist. With forearm hand, pull rifle forward slightly until it goes off. Repeat. If you get good at it, you can achieve a good cyclic rate (just always pull forward and let the recoil pull it backwards)...

Do not do this in an enclosed area, anywhere with other people within 1000 meters, or without a mountainous backstop.

Once again, I don't recommend doing it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Evil Ed, its really a dumb thing to do and accomplishes nothing.  You cannot accurately aim and it just makes people who own semi's look like the backwoods, "militia" types who abuse their guns to look cool.  Now bump firing an M82a1 is something I highly recommend! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
And make sure you look 3 times before you cross the street.

Oh and chew at least 22 times or you'll choke.

Bumpfiring is inacurate, loud, a waste of ammo and a shitload of fun.  If you're in semi dense woods you'll be fine.  Its like doing a wheelie on a motorcycle.  Its dangerous, irrisponsible and all kinds of fun.  

Be responsible, use cheap ammo and no hellfire will reign down from the heavens on you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
check out the can of worms I opened asking about a bump firing jam.
BTW,I shoot and bump on private land. Very dense woods as stated above. I had to try it and yeah it's fun but I don't do it often and haven't done so in a while.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176063[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top