Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 1:38:10 PM EDT
What is the relevance of the measuring tape in the dinner/lunch pics?

I obviously missed a post or two. So, why are they included?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Because if you don't you will be made fun of.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Because if you don't you will be made fun of.
View Quote

Word!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It must be some super secret.  I have looked at just about all of them as they come up and I have no idea.  They didn't do it when I started here.  I boycott doing it.  Besides I get made fun of for much worse here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is the relevance of the measuring tape in the dinner/lunch pics?

I obviously missed a post or two. So, why are they included?
View Quote

The tape measure is for measuring your groups!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I will take the credit (blame?) for making the tape measure part of the dinner picture, although I wasn't the one who posted the picture. As I recall, some time last spring, a guy posted his first dinner/lunch picture, and his plate was on a coffee table in his living room. There was all manner of stuff on the table: TV remotes, newspapers, typical house stuff. However, I saw the tape measure in the picture, and I thought it was particularly whimsical, so I posted something to the effect of:

"Where's the tape measure? They always forget the ... oh, wait. There it is!"

This was posted in the same vein as "Where's the (knife, napkin, pistol, drink, fork ...)? They always forget the (knife, napkin, pistol, drink, fork ...).

The rest, as they say, is ARFCOM history.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no relevance, other than a gun and food, the rest of the imagined items is merely for those with fragile egos and poor self-image.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
How did the whole dinner pic thing start?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
For my one and only dinner pic I did last night, I used a ruler...it was too damn cold in the garage.

I got point down for the meal, not the measuring device [:(]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How did the whole dinner pic thing start?
View Quote

I like guns...

I like food...

I like pie...

that's why
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
You mean it has nothing to do with Penis size?[BD]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought the tape measure was used to prove the "Manly Sized" proportion of the meal,
As for penis measuring, you really think a ruler would be long enough for me? [ROFL]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For my one and only dinner pic I did last night, I used a ruler...it was too damn cold in the garage.

I got point down for the meal, not the measuring device [:(]
View Quote

Yea, cause your beef stew had hot dogs in it!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought the tape measure was used to prove the "Manly Sized" proportion of the meal,
As for penis measuring, you really think a ruler would be long enough for me? [ROFL]
View Quote

Well to be honest, I was thinking you could just ask your OBGYN. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is no relevance, other than a gun and food, the rest of the imagined items is merely for those with fragile egos and poor self-image.  

View Quote

And for those that are not relevant when discussing [b]important[/b] dinner/lunch/ breakfast pics rules.
(You know who you are.)
[:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will take the credit (blame?) for making the tape measure part of the dinner picture, although I wasn't the one who posted the picture. As I recall, some time last spring, a guy posted his first dinner/lunch picture, and his plate was on a coffee table in his living room. There was all manner of stuff on the table: TV remotes, newspapers, typical house stuff. However, I saw the tape measure in the picture, and I thought it was particularly whimsical, so I posted something to the effect of:

"Where's the tape measure? They always forget the ... oh, wait. There it is!"

This was posted in the same vein as "Where's the (knife, napkin, pistol, drink, fork ...)? They always forget the (knife, napkin, pistol, drink, fork ...).

The rest, as they say, is ARFCOM history.
View Quote

This is how I remember it also. It kind of "evolved".
AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top