Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And answering something you didn’t ask, but since you threw it it out there.....

How many times in cities all over America have we all been frustrated that homeless people just piss and shit anywhere they want, spewing filth with no consequence or police response, and yet you suggest that police do exactly the same thing? Why would you think that is acceptable?

So while I wouldn’t ‘like’ to see it, I think footage of that should be seen by the public, wether it be security cam, cell phone camera, or (if the officer is stupid enough to activate their camera, yes) body cam. Not pissing in the street is the standard we should hold everyone to.
Maybe not in an urban alleyway, but lets see how long you roll around all night with no access to a public bathroom in your patrol zone before you find a dark corn field to piss in.
So do cops hassle people they catch doing the same thing?

What's the cut-off for who is allowed to piss in public?100k a year?Male and female?
Rules for thee and not for me?

Pissing in a cornfield is a whole different scenario than pissing in a city somewhere.

I knew a guy named Jerry that got arrested for peeing in the corner of a parking garage in NYC back in the 90's..............
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Calm down, Sarcasm King. You forgot your smilies until now. Kind of hard to read the sarcasm you didn’t indicate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And answering something you didn’t ask, but since you threw it it out there.....

How many times in cities all over America have we all been frustrated that homeless people just piss and shit anywhere they want, spewing filth with no consequence or police response, and yet you suggest that police do exactly the same thing? Why would you think that is acceptable?
Because the police are (generally) contributing something tangible and positive to the community, and the homeless are just disposable human beings acting as a drain on society?
Wait, did you really mean to say it should be legal for cops to piss in public, but not legal for someone else? As in literally piss in public? Legal? Because they are a police officer?
FSS!  I threw out a sarcastic rebuttal and you're starting an argument about cops pissing in an alley.
Calm down, Sarcasm King. You forgot your smilies until now. Kind of hard to read the sarcasm you didn’t indicate.
Ya got me there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ya got me there.
View Quote
I hate the homeless
-ness problem.

$20 to Nolo in the name of the first person who replies with the quote source.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/at-the-noor-trial-13.php

Don’t know who this writer is but he has some interesting points noted. [“He could not have lawfully...” means Harrity.]

“• After Peter Wold’s cross-examination I thought Sweasy made the critical points. He could not have lawfully shot at the silhouette he made out. It was premature to use deadly force. Death or great bodily harm was only a possibility. I’m afraid these points were lost.”
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If that was a good shoot then cops have a license to kill and maybe the police abolition groups are right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If that was a good shoot then cops have a license to kill and maybe the police abolition groups are right.
View Quote
I think the problem is not as much cops with a license to kill as it is muslims with guns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Blatant Sharia killing,  sanctioned & supported by the government of the city-state in which it occurred.  They need to get an electric chair out of storage & fry this murdering barbarian bastard as an example.
But they won’t, cuz protected class & muh diversity...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell is with all this talk of sharia killing?

The guy was jumpy and incompetent? perhaps intoxicated or altered by psych meds? perhaps he was just itching to get a kill in the line of duty?

I'd bet these are all more likely than it being some kind of spur of the moment sharia enforcement because a white lady was wearing pajamas outside of the home.

The only part part his religion may have played is if he got hired despite being a substandard applicant or 'failing' a psych screening, none of which I know to have happened because I haven't looked into it that much.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Guaranteed.

Multiple defense theories will be used, from PTSD from the Somalia civil war to racial discrimination in the US to "she made a move, he had to get it on."

It'll be blamed on bad training or some shit & all this will be swept under the rug after the not guilty verdict.
View Quote
If any of that is brought forward, then every cop who was imported from some shit-hole country needs to be removed from their job, as they could all be ticking time bombs and use such a convenient excuse.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think the problem is not as much cops with a license to kill as it is muslims with guns.
View Quote
His partner did 12 calls with no bodycam on that night. I'd say the problem was 2 jackass fuckups.

The SGT in command of the scene who couldn't explain.under oath why she turned her cam off and on throughout her time on scene indicates a possible wider problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/at-the-noor-trial-15.php

You may recall that Harrity’s bodycam video has what I called “a 15-second gap” that should have caught the shooting. Based on the testimony of several police witnesses, if turned on, the bodycam should have a 30-second buffering period during it silently captures the 30 seconds preceding activation of recording by the officer. We have seen this buffering on the numerous bodycam and squad car videos introduced into evidence — all but Harrity’s. Harrity’s has a 15-second buffering period. Another 15 seconds would have caught the shooting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Given the politics of that area, if the races were reversed, the police would have already been abolished...
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How much trouble would it be to install cameras that cover the entire 360 degree perimeter of the car instead of having just the dash cam?  I'm guessing that information storage would be the biggest pain in the ass, but then again, you could rewrite the regulations to say that only actual footage of actual incidents must be saved until inexpensive storage methods are developed.
View Quote
Already exists, if people wanna pay for it.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/68JvceyuwBM[/youtube]

@ceetee
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I really don't see how a camera would have made any difference in this case-he was a scared pussy and shot something that moved.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I really don't see how a camera would have made any difference in this case-he was a scared pussy and shot something that moved.
View Quote
It almost certainly wouldn’t have shown anything useful, it does show an attitude and lack of supervision however.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you’re in a car and you believed you are going to get ambushed then just step on the accelerator and escape the killzone. I’m tired of lethal force being just another tool in the tool bag and not considered as serious as it is. I know it’s not an apples to apples comparison but can you imagine justifying as a concealed weapons holder shooting someone from your car window because you got spooked. Unreal.
View Quote
Ignorance is bliss. You seem to think we can just step on the gas and leave. It doesn't work that way. We have a duty, and it can mean bad things can happen to us. It's what makes us different from you. And police respond based on the community and what is reasonable rather than your feelz.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who had a history of hating women
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ignorance is bliss. You seem to think we can just step on the gas and leave. It doesn't work that way. We have a duty, and it can mean bad things can happen to us. It's what makes us different from you. And police respond based on the community and what is reasonable rather than your feelz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you’re in a car and you believed you are going to get ambushed then just step on the accelerator and escape the killzone. I’m tired of lethal force being just another tool in the tool bag and not considered as serious as it is. I know it’s not an apples to apples comparison but can you imagine justifying as a concealed weapons holder shooting someone from your car window because you got spooked. Unreal.
You have a duty to stay in an ambush zone if you believe you are being targeted?

You can’t egress and call for backup?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If any of that is brought forward, then every cop who was imported from some shit-hole country needs to be removed from their job, as they could all be ticking time bombs and use such a convenient excuse.
View Quote
You my friend just may have stumbled on the real plan. Wouldn't guys like this Noor be perfect  for making red flag arrests?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
If that's how you approach your job, I respect the hell out of you. But purely from a legal standpoint, the Supreme Court has ruled that cops do not have a duty to put themselves In Harm's Way or protect people.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Noor took the stand. The blogger I've been posting links to seems to believe he got ripped pretty good on numerous inconsistencies during cross.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/at-the-noor-trial-17-noor-testifies.php
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Noor took the stand. The blogger I've been posting links to seems to believe he got ripped pretty good on numerous inconsistencies during cross.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/at-the-noor-trial-17-noor-testifies.php
View Quote
Wow, his lawyer let him get on the stand?  Seriously?
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
The blogger did say that he seemed to have some jury members sympathetic to him. Maybe the lawyer thought that he could drum up enough sympathy. I'll let someone like @aimless weigh on on the pros and cons of that tactic.

Or maybe Noor insisted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you for your service. I’ll sleep better tonight knowing that you are out there protecting my “feelz”.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The blogger did say that he seemed to have some jury members sympathetic to him. Maybe the lawyer thought that he could drum up enough sympathy. I'll let someone like @aimless weigh on on the pros and cons of that tactic.

Or maybe Noor insisted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe Noor insisted.
I'm not sure what their defense plan even is.

There's nothing that objectively shows that a fear of death or great bodily injury is reasonable so he kind of has to get on the stand to give his frame of mind, but then that obviously opened him up to being cross-examined.

If he's found not guilty on this then it's pretty much official after the Shaver shooting that "reasonable officers" can shoot at anything and call it a threat.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He’ll probably get off...
View Quote
majority black jury?  guaranteed.

He killed the white devil for justice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So while I wouldn’t ‘like’ to see it, I think footage of that should be seen by the public, wether it be security cam, cell phone camera, or (if the officer is stupid enough to activate their camera, yes) body cam. Not pissing in the street is the standard we should hold everyone to.
View Quote
Ever had to piss at 4am when nothing is open anywhere close?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Affirmative action hire.
View Quote
Pretty much.

Protected class hire.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fine,as long as it applies to

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So do cops hassle people they catch doing the same thing?

What's the cut-off for who is allowed to piss in public?100k a year?Male and female?
View Quote
I never jacked anyone up I caught pissing behind a dumpster. Just make sure they weren't ripping off a business, or too fucked up to drive.
Busting someone not hurting anyone taking a piss at night is a chickenshit move. Pis sing in the middle of the street in broad daylight is a different story.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Trying to get money out of a cop is hard.

Getting money out of a city is easy.

Are you going to take away someone’s retirement?

No.

Are you going to take away someone’s house?

No.

Are you going to take someone’s car?

No.

Last I heard oj Simpson still owes money to some families and they haven’t gotten it.

I think it’s a very bad shoot. Bad shoot. But going after an individual who doesn’t have two wooden nickels compared to a rich city is  dumb.

They were sitting in their car. There was nothing going on.

Comparison isn’t close.
View Quote
The driver of the patrol car had his gun out and headlights turned off going down the alley. Sounds like something going on to me. Should have had his camera going.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#33]
IIRC, The partner testified that he drew his pistol, without any problems, because he felt nervous about a potential ambush when they entered the alley. Then Noor testifies that his partner tried to draw when he saw the woman, and fumbled the draw which is why Noor drew and fired.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Way back when this happened, the reports was a person, in the dark and unrecognizable, was running toward them in their squad car.  If it was not expected the complainant would be there to greet them, then I could imagine they suspected an ambush or bad guy intent on harming them.

Everyday on arfcom GD we hear keyborne rangers tell us how they are going to shoot them some bad guy if he even looks sideways at them.  But GD also wants to string up every police officer for everything, especially when they have no clue of what actually happened.  Monday morning quarterbacking is an arfcom GD sport that is highly competitive.
View Quote
You have a serious misunderstanding of the events.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Noor will get a slap on the wrist, maybe lose his job, and they'll go down to Cedar Riverside and hire a new one to replace him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I worked with a coward like that, he pulled his weapon and aimed it at a 10 year old one night to "quote, scare him"
I turned him in, this was witnessed by no less than 5 officers , not one lied , he was terminated 5 days later.
He threatened me in bar one knight a couple years later , he refused to go out back of the bar and repeat it.

I hate cowards and bullies
That MFer who pulled on that 10 year old was always l;ate to bar fight calls or any calls where he might get hit.
I watched him stand there while his partner struggled to get a suspect under control, another officer was closer and pushed him out of the way and helped cuff the guy.

If you ask why I didn't intervene , i was covering the guys buddy who was still in the car and acting fidgety
Thats the kind of situation a coward puts you in, leave the spot where you are covering someone , go to aid the other officer and 2 or 3 get shot by the guy I was supposed to cover, you don't leave the second suspect uncovered , turns out there was a 38 under his seat , so who knows, but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, training , follow it or die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the single most heinous acts by a police officer I've heard of.

Fucker needs to hang by his Somali neck.
I worked with a coward like that, he pulled his weapon and aimed it at a 10 year old one night to "quote, scare him"
I turned him in, this was witnessed by no less than 5 officers , not one lied , he was terminated 5 days later.
He threatened me in bar one knight a couple years later , he refused to go out back of the bar and repeat it.

I hate cowards and bullies
That MFer who pulled on that 10 year old was always l;ate to bar fight calls or any calls where he might get hit.
I watched him stand there while his partner struggled to get a suspect under control, another officer was closer and pushed him out of the way and helped cuff the guy.

If you ask why I didn't intervene , i was covering the guys buddy who was still in the car and acting fidgety
Thats the kind of situation a coward puts you in, leave the spot where you are covering someone , go to aid the other officer and 2 or 3 get shot by the guy I was supposed to cover, you don't leave the second suspect uncovered , turns out there was a 38 under his seat , so who knows, but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, training , follow it or die.
Motherfucker should be nailed to 5 different trees at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You willing to pay for such a nonexistent high tech piece of gear?

I generally turn mine on when I get out of my car.
There's usually some preliminary house-keeping and note-taking from the call ticket on the screen that doesn't need to be recorded, and recording all of that uselessly on each call would add up to a lot of needless recording and cut down on BWC battery life. You really have to be selective on when you're running your camera; if you run it for every little thing at the beginning of your shift, you'll run out of battery life long before the end of an eight hour shift.
So I generally turn my camera on as I get out of the car and do some narrative for the benefit of the guy who runs our camera program so he knows what call ticket to attach the video to.
I can see where having her approach the car would short circuit that normal process if they follow a similar process. I've had people approach my car as I've arrived and before I've gotten out/ started my BWC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not having a cam turned on because you're not expecting anything is like not having a round chambered.
Let's put an auxilary sensor in the holster that ensures the cam is on if your weapon is drawn.
You willing to pay for such a nonexistent high tech piece of gear?

Quoted:

So if you are on the block where the call report was from, and don’t have your cameras on, then when would you turn them on? After you first encounter either a witness or suspect? After you have bailed out of the car? After you have already arrested someone? Any policy that didn’t start recording before an officer would be likely to encounter anything specifically related to a call would be an idiotic policy. After you are already on the block, that would be idiotic.
I generally turn mine on when I get out of my car.
There's usually some preliminary house-keeping and note-taking from the call ticket on the screen that doesn't need to be recorded, and recording all of that uselessly on each call would add up to a lot of needless recording and cut down on BWC battery life. You really have to be selective on when you're running your camera; if you run it for every little thing at the beginning of your shift, you'll run out of battery life long before the end of an eight hour shift.
So I generally turn my camera on as I get out of the car and do some narrative for the benefit of the guy who runs our camera program so he knows what call ticket to attach the video to.
I can see where having her approach the car would short circuit that normal process if they follow a similar process. I've had people approach my car as I've arrived and before I've gotten out/ started my BWC
Such a device could probably be made, with reasonable reliability, for about 10 bucks per unit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Your last paragraph is awfully similar to a lot of poor legislation being proposed by the left in CA currently. We have good, solid case law governing UoF. I’ve seen nothing from Noor that leads me to believe it was a justifiable shoot. The part regarding him refusing to speak with investigators is especially telling in my mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most likely outcome is Noor will see no penalty beyond the  loss of his job, and a fresh recruit selected only on the basis of demographics will be hired in his place.  This new recruit will be equally skilled in the law, policy, marksmanship, and courage.

There's a TINY possibility that this case will cause policies to be passed requiring constantly running cameras, or, as I hope, legislation that dictates state wide camera policy as well as  periodic review and fines for officers found to be failing to turn cameras on when they should.

EVENTUALLY, this kind of behavior is going to continue until the citizenry is sick of police being able to shoot at the smallest provocation and use the magic words 'but I was scared!' and changes are going to be made.  Some potential changes that I personally hope for is #1 strip an officer involved in such an incident of credentials permanently. #2 instead of viewing those cases in the split second of the shooting, back it up 5 minutes and say 'Did the officer take appropriate steps leading up to the shooting?  Did his actions de escalate or escalate the situation?  Did he approach the situation in a way that allowed him to be as informed as possible?'   So if officers really thought they were likely to be driving into an ambush and stated this was why they shot so quickly, the question then becomes, if an officer really thought he was driving into an ambush, wouldn't he #1 turn his body camera on #2 sweep the area with his lights extensively as he approached #3 called for backup #4 chosen the spot to stop the squad in the best tactical location #5 both partners would be looking out eyes peeled for threat vs chatting casually.
Your last paragraph is awfully similar to a lot of poor legislation being proposed by the left in CA currently. We have good, solid case law governing UoF. I’ve seen nothing from Noor that leads me to believe it was a justifiable shoot. The part regarding him refusing to speak with investigators is especially telling in my mind
He knows he's guiltier than sin. He's going to say exactly what is taxpayer funded lawyer tells him to say, that is if he isn't too retarded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There's a Black-only Police union in Baltimore, "The Vanguard". They apparently have a lot of political pull (I learned this on the Wire but I looked it up and it's a thing).

But wasn't he the only Somali cop? Was there a union just for him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Somali-American Police Officers Association"
That was weird to me also. Is the regular Association not diverse enough?
There's a Black-only Police union in Baltimore, "The Vanguard". They apparently have a lot of political pull (I learned this on the Wire but I looked it up and it's a thing).

But wasn't he the only Somali cop? Was there a union just for him?
There are a shit pile of skinny cops in downtown MSP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's not being swept under the rug, the piece of shit is in trial and I'd bet the farm he's found guilty.
I wonder if the cop blockers here actually hope he's acquitted, just to validate their goofy bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’ll probably get off...
Guaranteed.

Multiple defense theories will be used, from PTSD from the Somalia civil war to racial discrimination in the US to "she made a move, he had to get it on."

It'll be blamed on bad training or some shit & all this will be swept under the rug after the not guilty verdict.
It's not being swept under the rug, the piece of shit is in trial and I'd bet the farm he's found guilty.
I wonder if the cop blockers here actually hope he's acquitted, just to validate their goofy bullshit.
Get off the cross, we need the wood. This is a bad cop. Everyone wants him to be punished, severely for what he did. Your victim cop crap is getting old.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why not just 24/7 body cams? Wouldn't you like to see live action footage of some cop taking a piss in an alley?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not having a cam turned on because you're not expecting anything is like not having a round chambered.
Let's put an auxilary sensor in the holster that ensures the cam is on if your weapon is drawn.
Why not just 24/7 body cams? Wouldn't you like to see live action footage of some cop taking a piss in an alley?
Considering that same cop can write me a ticket for taking a piss in an alley, yes, I would.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Just popping in to say that no Muslim in this country should ever be given armed authority over any American. This man has no place in law enforcement, or in this country for that matter.

He shot an unarmed white woman for no reason whatsoever, on top of that. I hope they stick him in one of those flaming tires out in front of the courthouse. Piece of third world filth.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Get off the cross, we need the wood. This is a bad cop. Everyone wants him to be punished, severely for what he did. Your victim cop crap is getting old.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not calling bullshit, because I believe that most cops would feel that way, but every Minn PD cop called as prosecution witness in this trial were uncooperative with the prosecutor. To a lay person, there seems to be an effort to hide something here. My theory is they are hiding shit training and SOPs and maybe mistakes made by other cops on the scene. But when every cop called as a witness refuses to cooperate and the scene supervisor can't explain why she turned her bodycam off and on throughout the scene investigation, it looks like something shady is going on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

As I've said many times, most police agencies are much more budget conscious than is recognized here.
They aren't going to buy a holster or tech that kicks a BWC on every time the gun is drawn.
Maybe a few will, most will ..or cannot afford to..do so.
View Quote
Sounds like an issue with poor budgeting and being unwilling to make necessary tradeoffs. Litigating lawsuits is a lot more expensive than cameras that could prevent the suit in the first place. Body cameras have been generally good at exonerating officers rather than helping the complaining party.

A few possible solutions: proportional pay cuts to directly pay for acquisition costs, raise freeze for multiple years department wide, overtime caps, reduction in unnecessary spending in other areas,  elimination of non-essential personnel, issue a municipal bond to spread the cost.  As a side note, body cams ought to be considered essential equipment nowadays no differently than squad cars, issued firearms, radios, computers etc. and be budgeted for accordingly. Technology starts as a novelty and grows into a necessity, look at smartphones now vs a decade ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Two rookie cops, with poor training, in the same car, in the dark, on a possibly questionable call. At least one a social hire, scared out of his wits & way out of element.  What could go wrong?

The ‘real’ problem is way up the food chain. What happened was the results, not the cause.

Neither cop should have ever had a badge. Neither should their boss(s).
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#47]
"Look at me.  I am the defendant now."
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
T

When was the last time a white blonde in PJs (WITH NO WEAPON) ambushed a cop?
View Quote
I added the (WITH NO WEAPON) to your statement to fix it...
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You have a duty to stay in an ambush zone if you believe you are being targeted?

You can’t egress and call for backup?
View Quote
Not even when you're actively being ambushed and have to shoot to save your life?
(assuming that Noor was doing what he says he was doing when he killed her)
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If that's how you approach your job, I respect the hell out of you. But purely from a legal standpoint, the Supreme Court has ruled that cops do not have a duty to put themselves In Harm's Way or protect people.
View Quote
Those rulings get cited here all of the time but have little actual impact on day to day police operations
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top