Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 3:28:20 AM EDT
I am wanting to go with the NASCAR/stock car look for my '71 Cutlass sx and am having trouble deciding what to get and where to look.  Preferablly I would like to get a steel wheel with the design being a string of holes all around the perimeter of the wheel. Otherwise I may settle for the type of wheel that was offered on the GM Impalas in the early to mid ninties that I believe was part of the "9C1" police package.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.........
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
American Racing makes a Nascar-styled [s]rim[/s] [i]wheel[/i]....
[url]www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=47&name=AR-767&style=767&desc=Steel%20alloy,%20painted§ion=A[/url]

Edited to fix the nomenclature so that some people don't get their panties in a twist.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]

How do they cut the rim off the WHEEL and sell it separately?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
go woth wwoodworths idea
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys I appreciate the help. Thats what I like about this forum.  Oh, BTW, tc I did not really understand your question.......
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks guys I appreciate the help. Thats what I like about this forum.  Oh, BTW, tc I did not really understand your question.......
View Quote

The rim is the outside portion for the wheel.  TC like myself is bothered when someone uses a part to discribe the entire item.  You dont call your AR15 a barrel just because it has one.

Just remember a wheel has a rim, but a rim is not a wheel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The rim is the outside portion for the wheel.  TC like myself is bothered when someone uses a part to discribe the entire item.  You dont call your AR15 a barrel just because it has one.
View Quote
Make sure your rims clear your [i]breaks[/i]. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my new Nissan truck but the steering rim is very smooth and my hand slips around on it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, there's no such thing as a [i]wheel[/i] job......[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top