Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2003 10:33:29 PM EDT
Thinking about buying a IMI uzi b mod. wanting to hear some of your thoughts on it. I have a few ARs, H&Ks, and hunting rifles looking for a new toy but I like smaller cals in semi. thought this might be a fun little toy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I like UZIs my self Im getting a FA after the first of the year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Get it.  Its a fun gun to shoot, nice piece of equipment and it has a historical value to it.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I has an UZI Model A.  It's the only gun I've ever regretted selling.

Surprisingly accurate, tough, inexpensive mags, reliable all the way around, and it'll eat ANY ammo you throw at it.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Model B. Too heavy, will only work reliably with very hot loads, I like it though....
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Vector FA and I love it. It is a little heavey for the caliber but is very controlable and shoots about 650 rnds per minute (that can be changed with a buffer)

Ammo is cheaper now than ever and it is great fun. Buy if you can.

Tom
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry it took me so long to thank all of you for your input. Today I went and bought it for $600.00 from a guy who needed the money. It looks cool. He however did not have all the goodies like the bag and ect..., but gave me a 1000 rounds of 9mm the strap and a few other goodies. I would say its in about 90%. I would get pics, but wouldnt know how to get them on here. Once again thanks.

P.S. WENT OUT BEHIND THE HOUSE AND FIRED IT UP  AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WAAAAAYYYYY COOOOOOOL!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11413[/img]

holy o'cow! that guy got bent right over on that price you paid. he must of been in real dire straits or had no clue to the value.you, on the other hand, scored big time.
my first ever gun,long since sold, was a semi model a. i paid $600,n.i.b., and this was before the ban. that gun regularly sells used in the $1000 or so price range,and a case of 9's to go with it? no need to say that you were dancing in the streets.
my new-to-me uzi is a semi model 45 that i form 1'd to a short barrelled rifle. i'm more of an accumulator that wants to be a collector, so i don't nit pick it too much, but i love the hell out of it.  
the guys at uzi talk forums are really good.if you haven't had a chance to check that site out, give it a shot, it's the best uzi site out there.  
good luck on your uzi, i'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as i do mine.

editted to add that you now have to save for all the conversion stuff so can fire multiple chamberings.....stay away from the .41 action express though, bullets are way tooo hard to come by.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
gunsanplanes: The 41AE uses standard 41mag bullets? Of course there is not a plethora of 41Mag ammo so bullets styles are also limited  9mm or 45ACP. I've heard one problem, don't personally know for sure, because of the rebated rim(extrctor groove is from the case head of a 9mm) there has been extraction issues.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Everything UZI can be found at [url]www.uzitalk.com[/url]

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#10]
warlord, i had read over on uzitalk that the .41ae was made by action arms (now out of business)and that it is unique and not the same as a 41 mag.
although i had the 41ae and 45acp conversions the first go round, this time i only have the 45 and 9 so i'm not really as up on the 41ae as i could be. i'm pretty much just parroting what i read on uzitalk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top