Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 8:21:54 PM EDT
Woke up anchored in NY harbor Christmas day.

The panorama was breathtaking, the statue of Liberty, te Manhatte skyline and te Verazanno Narrows bridge around us

The weather was damned clear and the view was something to behold.

Damn, I'm glad I'm a seaman.

One of the guys commented that he wished he was home for the holidays. I asked him if had a Christmas view like that back home.

He looked around, grinned and agreed with me. A beautiful view.

There are not too many people that wake up to a view like that!

(Although the skyline STILL looked like something was missing.....)

One other thing, I shouted, "Hey, Look! There's a giant ape climbing the Empire State Building!"

Two of the guys looked it te skyline like dummies. The other 2 looked at me and grinned. I guess two of them are tuning into my sense of humor. Scary, isn't it?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing beats my smiling daughter waking me up after 3 hours sleep saying "Look what Santa brought me!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Woke up in Gwen Stafani's bed, wait, damn I'm still asleep dreaming!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I once woke up on the right side of the wrong bed.

..and the view sucked!  [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top