Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 7:44:50 PM EDT
today out of the blue my computer started opening new windows the size of a postage stamp (argh)...

how can i fix it so "Open in a new Window" opens full screen or at least larger?

thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Resize the window and then shut down your computer while that window is still open. It always worked for me.[:)]

Edited for typo
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Open a new window.  Rezise it to full screen size, by dragging the sides and positioning it (do NOT use the "maximize" button).

CTRL+click the close button on all explorer windows, everything should be fixed (It's a stupid bug, and you would figure that Microsoft would fix it.  It's been this way for as long as I can remember, and I've complained and complained (as I'm sure many other people have).

HTH
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks Gloftoe.

ok, how about this.

my computer at work drops down a nice little list of previously typed choices when i start tying like doing searches and input info.  my home computer makes me type it in every time.

how do i fix my home computer?

thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
For the address bar:

Tools|Internet Options|Advanced Tab

Check "Use inline Auto-complete"

PS: for some reason mine is not enabled, yet it continues to autocomplete in the address bar.

If you are referring to data and fields in various web pages:
Tools|Internet Options|Content Tab

Select the AutoComplete... button.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks Energizer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top