Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 7:32:27 PM EDT
Looking for a program that will record music cd's to mp3's and save them on my puter.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a good one! It was small and fast and had a cool train whistle when it was done. Let me see if I can drag it up out of 9 tons of disks and CD's and you are welcome to it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What I use. Basic version is free.

[url]http://www.musicmatch.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What quality are you looking for?  If you're just looking for something that will be a decent quality, Windows Media Player will encode MP3's from CD to your Hard drive.

Better quality will be a CD Ripper that let's you record at a CD quality bit rate.  There's a lot of freeware out there that you can get, but I mostly use WMP or Easy CD Creator.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got windows media player but it always gives me some kind of error message and won't finish.  

I'm looking for something with some decent quality.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
if you want GOOD quality:

http://www.ping.be/satcp/cd2mp3-en.htm
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#6]
A second for Musicmatch, I use it religiously, super product, makes great MP3's, and you can select a playlist and burn it to CD with the free version.

Michael
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Do a search for dbpowerAMP Music Converter.  It's really fast, free, supports several formats.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do a search for dbpowerAMP Music Converter.  It's really fast, free, supports several formats.
View Quote

[url=http://dbpoweramp.com]dBPowerAMP[/url]

Now I'm not going to lie to you you do have to download the codes and install them if you would like .rm (real media), .wma (windows media), .ogg (ogg vorbis) and some of the lossless compression formats, but if you just want .mp3 I'd suggest this.

You can rip to any bit rate you want. I absolutely love this program, anyway good luck. Oh and this is a free program as well although there is a pay version, I personally didn't find it to be useful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#9]
So how does one take a mp3 file and change it so it can be played on any cd player?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
CDex is one of the best: http://www.cdex.n3.net/

Cyanide, for that you need a burning program. I recommend Nero.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#11]
How could I take different songs from different CD's and put them on one that I can listen to in the car? (It's a few years old & has the factory CD player, so no mp3's...)

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I like Roxio Easy CD Creator.

This allows just about any CD/PC music operation.

It can:
Copy CD music to the PC drive.
Copy PC music to a CD.
Convert Mp.3 to "play on any CD player".
Convert CD music to Mp.3.
Converts music to a number of OTHER formats.
Play music on the PC.
Make backup disks of your PC drive, either individual files, or the entire drive, then allows you to restore the files or the entire drive.
Makes data disks to store data.
Formats CD disks.
Makes CD labels, AND inserts for the jewel case, with a large variety of label designs.

It also has something for working with videos, but I don't use it.

It's a big program with lots of options, most of which I don't use, but very flexible.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:46:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So how does one take a mp3 file and change it so it can be played on any cd player?
View Quote

convert the mp3 to a wav. file.  WMP and Easy CD creator automatically do this when you tell it to create a music cd...takes the guess work out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top