Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2001 8:06:34 PM EDT
Just bought an Oly SGW "Stop Sign" Receiver AR-15 Car w/ M4 upper.  Does anyone know about the SGW quality compared to Bushmaster or Colt (or later model pre-ban Oly's)?  I saw the SGW history on Oly's website, but I would like some advice from the NCO's.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two of them. One is fine, the other I sent back to Oly because I couldn't get any other uppers than the one that came on it to close. To their credit, Oly is making the repairs/replacement as we speak. As far as I'm concerned, even if they had some QC problems in the past (not that I really know of any) they stand behind their products to the end. In this day and age, that says a lot!  Both of mine are pre-ban and I bought both used. For them to stand behind the bad one at this point means a lot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got 3 of those signed-lowers.  Works like a champ.  I had to wait a long time to get them though because at the time it was the hieght of the ass-sault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Found out about the Olympic Arms replacement warranty.  I like knowing that I can get a new MaxHard receiver with my old pre-ban serial # on it.  What a great world!  Oly seems to monitor the board and help out.  That means alot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had OLY remaunfacture two pre-ban lowers for me, one was a Palmetto Armory/SGW and the other was a "stop sign" lower.
Both came back from OLY looking like a brand new lower, no problems, no tight mag well, the finish is great.
I have an older preban "stop sign" AR15 that has not been remanufactured, no problems, no tight mag well, the finish is great looking for a 10 year old lower.
My advice is to talk to Tom ONLY if you have problems!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Tom sounds like a busy man.  I would hate a customer relations job like his, especially dealing with alot of gun owners.  They need a 300 pound woman with a soft sweet voice to answer the phones.  It's hard to be mean to a nice voice...and the 300 pounds is to pound them if they decide to come in and complain.  True customer relations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top