Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 5:23:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
i bought some meprolite night sights for my p99 from them. No problems and they shipped fast.

mike
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought an Elcan from them awhile ago.  The price has gone up more than $100 since then, IIRC.

They were fine to do business with.

Don't buy an Elcan.  I repeat, don't buy an Elcan.  One more time, don't buy an Elcan.

I sold mine this last summer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I bought from them several times, no problems, fast service, in fact when I had a later issue with a surfire they got me a new bulb when it was not their fault: A+++

BTW they give an leo discount too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup.  It's been awhile but I've placed several orders with them.  Got exactly what I ordered exactly when I expected it.

Can't do much better than that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought an Elcan from them awhile ago.  The price has gone up more than $100 since then, IIRC.

Don't buy an Elcan.  I repeat, don't buy an Elcan.  One more time, don't buy an Elcan.

View Quote

What you talkin' about??   I LOVE the Elcan.  I bought one last year - now I wish I had bought yours.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey - I just checked my email records, and I bought my Elcan from these guys too!

They were fast and efficient - I was really satisfied.

Did I mention that I [red]LOVE[/red] my Elcan
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What you talkin' about??   I LOVE the Elcan.  I bought one last year - now I wish I had bought yours.
View Quote

You'd have gotten a good deal on it too.  I sold it on Gunbroker.com and pulled about $450 for it.

Really though, I think we've been through this before in the optics forum.

It is a really great scope.  I love the ballistic compensation.  The reticle is awesome.  The Gen 4 mount (which I'm not entirely certain if I had this or an older version) seems very sturdy.

It is a bit heavy (+ for Aimpoint).  The eye relief gave me some trouble (+ for Aimpoint).  The tritium was never really as bright as I would have liked.  If it were any brighter though, it could have been too bright (+ for Aimpoint).  Some people will just never be pleased (+ for Aimpoint?).

I was liquidating at the time that I sold it and the Elcan just got caught up in the liquidating mix.

I say don't buy one for two reasons:
1.  I want to make myself feel better about selling mine.
2.  I've read a lot on the optics forum that makes me think that maybe I should have bought an ACOG.  I haven't done enough research on the ACOG subject though because it's such a big topic, and I have an Aimpoint COMPM2 now and am pleased with it.

So after some though, I may have been unfaily biased against the Elcan.

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered my Mossy 590A1 from them, a ton of HK pistol mags and floorplates, and more. Never had a problem. I don't think they have the best prices sometimes, but as far as the service, everything has always gone well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

You'd have gotten a good deal on it too.  I sold it on Gunbroker.com and pulled about $450 for it.

Really though, I think we've been through this before in the optics forum.

It is a really great scope.  I love the ballistic compensation.  The reticle is awesome.  The Gen 4 mount (which I'm not entirely certain if I had this or an older version) seems very sturdy.

It is a bit heavy (+ for Aimpoint).  The eye relief gave me some trouble (+ for Aimpoint).  The tritium was never really as bright as I would have liked.  If it were any brighter though, it could have been too bright (+ for Aimpoint).  Some people will just never be pleased (+ for Aimpoint?).

I was liquidating at the time that I sold it and the Elcan just got caught up in the liquidating mix.

I say don't buy one for two reasons:
1.  I want to make myself feel better about selling mine.
2.  I've read a lot on the optics forum that makes me think that maybe I should have bought an ACOG.  I haven't done enough research on the ACOG subject though because it's such a big topic, and I have an Aimpoint COMPM2 now and am pleased with it.

So after some though, I may have been unfaily biased against the Elcan.

View Quote

I'm just giving you a hard time [;)]

My decision to buy the Elcan was blindly based on the fact that the Danish army (my old alma mater) adopted it, and I trusted their judgment - and wanted to build a c-7 clone.

[img]http://www.olin.wustl.edu/faculty/langfred/c7.jpg[/img]

But once I got it, I just fell in love with it.  I'm sure it's better for some than for others, so I'm really not trying to claim that it's better than anything else - just that I really like it personally.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
There ya go.  Use them for your business.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.olin.wustl.edu/faculty/langfred/c7.jpg[/url]
View Quote

What's that there in front of the Elcan?  You can't co-witness with it, can you?

And yes, the Elcan is a legit military optic used by Canada, U.S., Danish, and probably many other military forces.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's that there in front of the Elcan?  You can't co-witness with it, can you?

And yes, the Elcan is a legit military optic used by Canada, U.S., Danish, and probably many other military forces.
View Quote

That thingy is the rare and elusive fixed sight manufactured by Diemaco.  If the Elcan breaks, you move it to the back of the rail and use the fixed sights.  (You either keep it mounted on the rail, or just handy in a pouch or something).  I couldn't find one for sale ANYWHERE, and Diemaco don't sell to civilians, so I found a Danish soldier who was nice enough to trade me for one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top