Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 2:00:00 PM EDT
I've seen several mentions around of Coonan FAL receivers, recently.  Is this Dan Coonan, have the Stathas' returned to business, or is this a completely different entity?

I went to the old Coonan shop with Darrell Mulroy (Ugly Del Roberts/PlusP) where Kim Stathas, the Christmas Elf, was making 357 1911s on her CNC machine for all of us bad little boys.  It'd be nice if this is the same gal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Dan Coonan is the name associated with these receivers on the Falfiles. But I don't know anything about Dan's history, etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
try this link, they have been selling FAL and G3 recievers to FAC in Fridley MN

[url]http://www.dancoonan.com/[/url]

One of the guys I use to work with, his dad worked at Coonan when they were in St Paul.
I have never owned one , but you never know someday I might.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, folks.  That's what I needed to know.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never met with or dealt with him, but he was described to me as a Mad Scientist, best left alone in the lab to make his little toys.  VERY QC and engineering oriented.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I've head good things about his receivers on FAL Files. They are a good alternative to DSA, which by all standards is overcharging.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've head good things about his receivers on FAL Files. They are a good alternative to DSA, which by all standards is overcharging.
View Quote

I built an FAL using one at the same time that I built another FAL using an Imbel.  The Coonan receiver was great in every way, and an easy build.  The Imbel was a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an STG 58 built on a Coonan receiver. It was recommended by my smith (Moses at Fal Files)over DSA and Imbel as a better value for the money. It looks and functions great.  I'd buy another one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top