Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 1:08:20 AM EDT
I got a couple of bottles for Christmas.  I really dont drink other then an occasional beer or a glass of wine.  Whisky especially seems to just give me a headache. But I never had the good stuff.  I got a bottle of Macallan Elegancia and Talisker.  Both seem pretty nice and I know there is a difference between single malt and others.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to drink whiskey like a fish and I have never heard of either one of those.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Of course, a single malt using just one batch of one kind of grain from one specific area instead of a blend of malts from where ever.  I think the point is so the specific characteristics of the tastes produced by the fermentation and distillation can be appreciated and consistently enjoyed if you like happen to like that particular whiskey.

I think.  I'm not too sure.  Like you, I dont really like whiskey but the high end single malt scotches are passable (especially during card games), even if I dont really appreciate them the way they should.  I'm more like "Is it smooth, do I not shudder and recoil from the foul taste?"  If so, then to me, it's "good".
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
ARDOC - you've come to the right person :)

Those are both very good single-malt Scotch Whiskeys.  Here is some more info on them:

[url]http://www.macallan.com/range/elegancia.html[/url]

[url]http://www.scotchwhisky.net/malt/talisker.htm[/url]

Scotch has occasionally given me a headache, but Bourbon whiskey never has.  If you ever want some advice on the BEST bourbon out there, let me know - my wife and I are afficionados of fine bourbons ;)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top