Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2003 8:46:56 PM EDT
I'm trying to find an adapter to convert to top carry and I've found this one at Cheaperthandirt.  Has anyone tried it out?  

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=ARR%2D025&mscssid=F7JBPUPCN3P48LHWJCE3KR7TN6WR2SDB
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not too bad.
The Triangle clip can wear out with hard use.

I recommend a Golani Israeli sling along with it.

You can get one here:
[url]www.zahal.org[/url]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Its not too bad.

You can get one here:
[url]www.zahal.org[/url]
View Quote

Okay, I'm on that page and I'm looking at the slings, but I don't see a "Golani" sling.

Would you mind pointing out a URL so my feeble mind could find it?

Though, the Sayeret/Special Forces Rifle Sling looks as though it might have promise.  Any knowledge of those?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not too bad.

You can get one here:
[url]www.zahal.org[/url]
View Quote

Okay, I'm on that page and I'm looking at the slings, but I don't see a "Golani" sling.

Would you mind pointing out a URL so my feeble mind could find it?

Though, the Sayeret/Special Forces Rifle Sling looks as though it might have promise.  Any knowledge of those?
View Quote

Sorry about that.
Yes, I was thinking of the Sayeret sling. Golani is a differnt SF group.
[url]http://www.zahal.org/rifle/p6.htm[/url]

This sling will blow your mind!
Much better than any USGI or any US made tac sling you will ever have. It alsi has hearing/ear plug pocket on the sling too.

If you have questions about any of these slings let me know. I have all of them.

Also, when you order tell Uri that you are an AR15.com member and you will get a 10% discount.

And please tell him "M4A3" from USIDFVets.com sent you too!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a pic of one on one of my M4's:

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pb97d865b5feef4bd41c3ee080ea7afdc/fbe86669.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew that sling had to be deserving.

For one thing, it mentions that it's tactical, plus it has "Special Forces" in the title....and it's black too.  That's just an out-of-the-park homerun in my books. [;)]

Thanks M4, I think I've found my sling.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For one thing, it mentions that it's tactical, plus it has "Special Forces" in the title....and it's black too.  That's just an out-of-the-park homerun in my books. [;)]

View Quote

Yeah. When these people say Tactical, its because its actually used and battle proven. Unlike some of the bullshit you buy from retailers around here.

Also, I have talked to plenty of my friends about these sling who used them while (and some still are) in the IDF. They really will last your lifetime.

I think you will like the quick release latch on these too.

You can go from a close to the body length sling (good for walking around, using your hands for other duties and want to have your AR at the ready)

To full sling length with a touch of the snaps (this will be the perfect length to shoulder your rifle with ease)

That when you all of a sudden start getting fire you don't have to waste time taking the whole dam AR off. You just snap the release and pop off rounds. [uzi]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah. When these people say Tactical, its because its actually used and battle proven. Unlike some of the bullshit you buy from retailers around here.

Also, I have talked to plenty of my friends about these sling who used them while (and some still are) in the IDF. They really will last your lifetime.

I think you will like the quick release latch on these too.

You can go from a close to the body length sling (good for walking around, using your hands for other duties and want to have your AR at the ready)

To full sling length with a touch of the snaps (this will be the perfect length to shoulder your rifle with ease)

That when you all of a sudden start getting fire you don't have to waste time taking the whole dam AR off. You just snap the release and pop off rounds. [uzi]
View Quote

Sounds like fun.  

I spent a week or so in Haifa just after Gulf War I and the armed presence in Israel was very nice to see.

Haifa was one of the few port where they like you even [b]after[/b] you run out of money.  Then again, we had just whipped ass on one of their major enemies. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah. Israelis have a very high respect of Americans. I might even say more than any other country out there.

Many ignorant people who bash Israel don't know that those young soldiers in the IDF would fight and die for America.

That today is something very hard to find in an Ally.

BTW: Thankyou for your service! [beer]
Next time you cone back to town I have to buy you a beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top