Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2003 8:44:46 PM EDT
Specifically a Wagner brand since that is what I see locally.

I'm repainting the interior of my home with latex paint and realized this is going to take me forever to do by myself.  I'm wondering if a power paint roller is worth the investment, if they are durable, and if the paint quality is as good as a normal roller.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not used them, but talked to a couple painters and they all hate them. Don't work as advertized, and take long to clean.

You'd be better served spraying or hand rolling.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Black & Decker, as I recall.

Did an okay job, but took FOREVER to clean out.

I haven't used it since.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have a wagner.  Its great if you have large areas to do (all in the same color). Saved me a ton of time when I had my townhouse with cathedral ceilings and the main floor was all a single color.

However as F4YR points out it does take a while to clean (I like mine spotless).  I don't take it out for a single room.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Wagner here. In our last house, when we repainted almost all of the rooms and halls, and most of them the same color (and the other color rooms were big), it was a godsend. It works great and works fast.

Cleaning however, was a royal bitch. Really. Complete and total pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I just hand rolled my house for about 6 days straight,  used the ole' 5 gallon bucket with a hangy thing inside to run the roller on after dunking in paint.  Overnight you just take the roller and put it in a plastic bag,  don't have to clean it. Worked great and I just throw my roller away when I'm done with it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Borrowed my Dad's stand-alone Wagner Power Roller.  It broke during the first cleaning.

I would think one of the heavier duty models designed to work off a power spray supply ought to  work adequately if you had several rooms to do.  One room an old fashion regular roller ought to be better.  You still have to do all the cutting in around corners, trim etc with a brush anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top