Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 1:07:46 PM EDT
Okay, the thread name isn't really "descriptive", so sue me .

With the year ending, I figured I'd ask something "funky"... well... be nosey.  A look in to the past or look back to the past.

Now, the question.....

What first brought you to AR15.com?  Did you find it via a web search......?  Someone you know suggested it?  Other?  (Are you a govt. agent looking for 'rebles'?  And what made you "stay"?

(I might put a poll....)

Okay, for me, I was greetn many moons ago.... I was facinated w/ the AR15 pistol...but I was uneducated that the BAN made them imposible to have (in their traditional form).  Friends at the range were assembleling their own AR rifles and I was searching the web for info and well, the site popped up as one of the hits.  My first post was asking about a "post ban semi auto 'AR' pistol"....  I found my answer to my question, eventually:  It can be done, but at a cost.....

How about you?

Oh, Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy.

9/11.

Long before that infamous date my GF and I decided that guns were something we could “get into”.  When 9/11 hit it became obvious that some self-protection was in order.  I started on a web search on what it would take to purchase guns in California.  Being totally unaware of the Draconian bullshit laws that have been foisted on the people of this state I started looking for information on AR’s.  Naturally I ended up here.

Well, as did Neo before me, I took the red pill and have been finding out how deep the rabbit hole goes ever since.

I have 13 guns in my collection now.  My GF has 9.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I was just surfing the web and followed a link. Its been so long I cannot recall.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Bushy Shorty then got on the internet to find out more about it. Found this wonderful place. I soon realized I wasn't the only one who thought this way. Glad I'm here.[beer]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I had been lurking for 6 months or so and on 9/11 this was a MAJOR news source for me as most of the network news agencies were in the middle of a major clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You wouldn't believe me if I told ya Kaliburz. [BD]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Anytime an AR15 question came up on Rec.guns, it was referred here eventually.

I figured I'd see what the fuss was about.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I was browsing The Firing Line at the time, and followed a link to this site called AR15.com.

I came in the middle of an argument between Drew and Glockcop, and was really confused as to why there was such a big argument. I found that I liked the site, and it had alot of information, so I stayed. I tried the new boards out when they were made but didn't really like them, so I stayed with the old format, allowing the new forums to slowly grow on me.

Now here we are, many people here who have never seen the old boards, they have joined and posted, far surpassing my post count(and I thought *I* sat in front of the computer sending messages and reading alot, I guess it's time for less reading and more posting).

Let's see where the next 4 years take the site...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted info on the AR-15 and so here I am.  Was here in its previous incarnation when there was little in the way of moderation.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top