Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2003 12:53:49 PM EDT
assassinate the Pakistani president, Musharraf.

They've tried twice to take him out and have failed.Pakistan has nuke power plus a huge army.What happens if they do take him out and some crazed maniac takes over power?

If some fanatic takes over, you can bet he will sever all ties with the US.Can we get our boys out of Afghanistan through one of the other stans?..if we had to.

What do you guys think?

Poll coming.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Our troops will have no problem traveling to the nearest Iraqi port.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Pakistan and India have already gone eyeball to eyeball with their fingers on the button.

There is no way in hell that India is going to sit back and let Pakistan turn into another Afghanistan sitting on their border.

India will cover its ass and you can bet we'll use whatever assets it takes to get our people out.

Yes, this could get REAL ugly, real fast.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
One word:  India
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The side benefit to all of these recent attempts is that Musharraf has little left politically to lose. He's already made a deal with hard line clerics to retire next year.

So, if he plans to retire anyway and the fanatics want him dead why not turn the americans loose along the paki side of the border. In fact he could turn them loose in downtown Islamabad for that matter.
What are the fanatics gonna do about it, try to kill him?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm willing to bet that if a fanatical regime came to power and we deemed it an imminent threat that we already know exactly where they keep their nukes. And, well, you know....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can we get our boys out of Afghanistan through one of the other stans?..if we had to.
View Quote

The US has good relations with the "stans" to the north.  I'm sure it won't be a big problem.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm willing to bet that if a fanatical regime came to power and we deemed it an imminent threat that we already know exactly where they keep their nukes. And, well, you know....
View Quote

Accidents happen, what can I tell you?
(Italian accent and a shrug here)

Then we make a phone call:
"India, these people, they say they are not our friends anymore.  These people, they don't want us around them anymore.  It would be a shame if someone were to invade them, now that no-one is backing them anymore, you know what I mean?  I mean, they got no nukes, they got no friends, bad things could happen to them.  And who would feel bad, it's sad really.  By the way, you need any planes or anything?"

Edited to add:
It works with a Jewish accent too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top