Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2003 12:31:16 PM EDT
Why the hell did he say something like that? It was just on CMT. They were showing an interview he had done with Dan Blather about his patriotic songs (heavens forbid!). Blather asked Toby if he thought the war in Iraq was right or not. In a roundabout way Toby said he has questions and concerns. He then said he felt that in 5 years from now the war would probably be viewed as a mistake.

I'm a little disappointed to hear that out of Toby Keith. Obviously, everyone is entitled to his opinions but I would have thought that he of all people would be solidly behind OIF.

Spare me the "neo-con" and Bush hater shit. I'm just saying I'm surprised and a little disappointed. I still like his music, though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
He's an entertainer.  Nuff said...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's an entertainer.  Nuff said...
View Quote

You're probably right. Maybe a little TOO much heat over his "excessive" patriotism.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're solidly behind anything this nation does anymore, I think you've got serious educational and general intellegence issues.

Of the *hundreds* of fellow soldiers I've talked to, guys who've come back, guys going over, etc....not one of them is 100% behind the whole thing. Oh, I take that back, some of the Lt/Cpt REMF-Not-Going types who have licked too much brasso tend to be rabidly 100% behind it, they also like to throw in words like "Crusade" and "religious war" when they go long enough....of course I'll wager that given long enough they'd also start using phrases like "goddamned faggots" and "sandniggers" too....and foaming at the mouth...

Will it be viewed as a "mistake"? Hey, people are stupid, I'll put $20 with Toby that the herds of sheeple out there will go along with that one....so in a sense, yes, it will be "viewed" as a "mistake"....

And finaly....there are as many f'ing idiot Conservatives out there as any other group....the best way to tell a f'ing idiot is his claim to have the corner on truth and the "one true way" of interpreting the world around him.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Entertainer = I care because...?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
What the heck were you doing watching Dan Rather in the first place?

Keith might have been making a general comment, or the second half of his response might have been edited out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you're solidly behind anything this nation does anymore, I think you've got serious educational and general intellegence issues.

Of the *hundreds* of fellow soldiers I've talked to, guys who've come back, guys going over, etc....not one of them is 100% behind the whole thing. Oh, I take that back, some of the Lt/Cpt REMF-Not-Going types who have licked too much brasso tend to be rabidly 100% behind it, they also like to throw in words like "Crusade" and "religious war" when they go long enough....of course I'll wager that given long enough they'd also start using phrases like "goddamned faggots" and "sandniggers" too....and foaming at the mouth...

Will it be viewed as a "mistake"? Hey, people are stupid, I'll put $20 with Toby that the herds of sheeple out there will go along with that one....so in a sense, yes, it will be "viewed" as a "mistake"....

And finaly....there are as many f'ing idiot Conservatives out there as any other group....the best way to tell a f'ing idiot is his claim to have the corner on truth and the "one true way" of interpreting the world around him.....
View Quote

Okay, since you're obviously over in the sandbox: what don't you support about the war? What about those "hundreds" of troops who don't support the war? Be specific.

IIRC you're Muslim, right? Not a slam, but does that have an impact on you're views (i.e. waging war against and killing other Muslims)?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Keith might have been making a general comment, or the second half of his response might have been edited out.
View Quote

My wife was watching CMT and they played the interview. I NEVER watch or listen to Dan Blather!!! I just couldn't help but overhear it from the next room while I was surfing here. He himhawed around without giving a direct answer to his personal views (other than the "questions" and "concerns" he had) but said that PEOPLE would probably regard Iraq as a mistake 5 years down the road.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that all wars are viewed as a mistake by the masses after the fact. People are to fast to forget the reasons to engage and dwell on only the losses suffered as a result of.

Impossible it is for "everyone" to agree on the validity of any conflict, especially one that was so divided in the begining.

CH

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
He has made it it clear that he backs the troops and the president,not necessarily agrees with the war.
At least he's not like the Dixie Ho's!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]
i think he was tring to say ... that most (anti american) americans will see it as a mistake, to him i'm sure it will never be a mistake
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty smart guy, it is a mistake.

I support the troops, they are doing what they are told.

No need to say what I think of bush.

And I am PRO American, America is still the place that you can have your own views, isn't it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw it too.  It was on CMT and not CBS.  There was no editing.  He and Dan Blather were sitting in a studio and he asked him flat out what he thought of the Iraq war.  He preficed his comment about being for the troops which meant supporting the CINC, and how there are much smarter men than himself making the decisions but that in 5 years down the road it *may* be looked upon as a mistake.  I think it pained him a lot to admit it and he kind of thought about the answer.  It might not have come out the way he really wanted it to.

But what the hell does he know?  Shut up and play.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Did Iraq Start a war in 1991 with Kuwait, Yes-

Did Saddam agreee to a cease fire to keep his ass from getting kicker even furthur then it was, Yes-

With in that agreement did it say he was not to have missles that could fly over X miles (Al Samoud) was there a no fly zone that he shot at us (daily), etc, etc, etc.....YES!

These were all UN resolutions that IRAQ did not compy with!

A Violation of of any of these (he violated alomst all of them) is an act of war in it's self! He is not holding up his side if the agreement in the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf war.  

So we have now determined he is in violation of international law, in-terms of ending a war-

Since the UN is not able or unable to inforce laws (THAT THEY CREATED) we had to do it... There is no Sence in making laws up if they are not going to be enforced...Correct?!?!?

Remember Germany, can you say Versaille(sp?) Treaty.  Well Germany lost WWI and no one in Europe was willing to enforcee the LAWS that were placed on Germany...Guess what, WW II broke out beacue of it and 50+ Million Died. Included in that 50+ million dead, were my Father's, father (Gradfather) and 3 of my Mother's, Mother's  Brothers (great Uncles)!

So, with that said, do we have the right to enforce these laws that require FORCE to do so, YES! Laws MUST be enforced.  

IF the UN can't do it I guess we will, seeing as if we essentally fund the UN.

Think about the WAR in theses terms.  If you still don't see it then you can be one of the 50+ Million that dies next time, my family has already paid the price!

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Toby who?

Is that the guy on Queer eye for the straight guy?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#15]
That war was justified the first time the MF'ers shot at our aircraft enforcing the no fly zone.
It was one war with an 11 year break.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]
toby keith is a jackass....a friend of mine was in a car accident a few years back, broke her back, they said she'd never walk again, and she was supposed to go to a concert of his...her boyfriend went and tried to get his autograph for her..told toby keith of her situation, and he replied to the boyfriend that he didnt give a shit it wasnt his problem....i quit buying/listening to his shit a long time ago. fuck'em.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Toby who?

Is that the guy on Queer eye for the straight guy?
View Quote

[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#18]
You don’t think he’s just another entertainer exhibiting false patriotism to make a buck off the country folk, do you? Yahoo!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not a fan.  His music (to me) is like the Kenny G of country.  Saw the interview, and well, he's no Elvis.

Elvis would not give his views, as he thought it not right.  He said he was only an enterainer.  Just my $0.02

I am a fan of country music, but prefer most of the older country.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#20]
For cryin out loud...the guy's an entertainer,.  Who gives a fuck what he thinks?
[rolleyes]

Scott
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That war was justified the first time the MF'ers shot at our aircraft enforcing the no fly zone.
It was one war with an 11 year break.
View Quote

No truer words have ever been spoken....err...typed.

-HS
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did Iraq Start a war in 1991 with Kuwait, Yes-

Did Saddam agreee to a cease fire to keep his ass from getting kicker even furthur then it was, Yes-

With in that agreement did it say he was not to have missles that could fly over X miles (Al Samoud) was there a no fly zone that he shot at us (daily), etc, etc, etc.....YES!

These were all UN resolutions that IRAQ did not compy with!

A Violation of of any of these (he violated alomst all of them) is an act of war in it's self! He is not holding up his side if the agreement in the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf war.  

So we have now determined he is in violation of international law, in-terms of ending a war-

Since the UN is not able or unable to inforce laws (THAT THEY CREATED) we had to do it... There is no Sence in making laws up if they are not going to be enforced...Correct?!?!?

Remember Germany, can you say Versaille(sp?) Treaty.  Well Germany lost WWI and no one in Europe was willing to enforcee the LAWS that were placed on Germany...Guess what, WW II broke out beacue of it and 50+ Million Died. Included in that 50+ million dead, were my Father's, father (Gradfather) and 3 of my Mother's, Mother's  Brothers (great Uncles)!

So, with that said, do we have the right to enforce these laws that require FORCE to do so, YES! Laws MUST be enforced.  

IF the UN can't do it I guess we will, seeing as if we essentally fund the UN.

Think about the WAR in theses terms.  If you still don't see it then you can be one of the 50+ Million that dies next time, my family has already paid the price!

View Quote

I agree!  [coffee]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top