Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 11:58:26 AM EDT
Title of this thread is  "Scariest Hoax yet, true or not, this must be disseminated!"

DU is discussing a web site of a guy who claims to be a time traveller from 2036, in a world where America was ripped apart by rebels fighting against the Patriot Act (Liberty86, TheDave1164?  You with them?)Eventually, Russia nukes the US in order to stop the right-wing American government and its expansionist foreign policy

Then it's time for a little Q&A with our time traveller:

QUESTION: Is there anything we can do to prepare for the war you are describing?

ANSWER:
1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.
3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.
4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.
5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.
6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.
7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.
8. Eat less.
9. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.
10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.

QUESTION: If you're telling the truth, the last thing you should be doing is talking about the war and the government.

ANSWER: Have you considered that your society might be better off if half of you were dead?

Too much

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=958875&mesg_id=958875

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=111&topic_id=14542
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
When it comes to dealing with DU all I want is an AR, a thousand rounds, and amnesty..[:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the same time traveler that claims to fight with a "shotgun infantry regiment" during the revolution, and came back in time to pick up some computer that's so obselete as to be less powerful than some high-end calculators but that can apparently do something no other computer can, yes?

I'm not sure there's enough weed on the planet that I could smoke before I'd belive that story.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What cracks me up about that list is that when other people do that, they are militia nuts who are out to overthrow the govt.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
So this is what the colleges are putting out these days.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I think this guy was on Coast to Coast AM a couple of weeks ago.

Don't those people over there have anything better to whine about?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it's nuts, nut ya gotta love Item # 4 on his list... I wonder how they'll handle that? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
yea i'm surprised the list didnt jump from 3 to 5
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#9]

This is what turboman said on thread he started "WWIII predicted for 2015. Check this out... "

Quoted:
I'm not some kind of kook but this website blew me away. (HTTP://www.johntitor.com) I'm an old fart and I don't know how to do a "link". Use "Google".

This John Titor guy says he is a time traveler from 2036, and by-god, the stuff he says will make your hair stand up.

A civil war will start in 2004 with a "Ruby Ridge" type incident every month or so getting worse until 2008 when everyone will be involved. He says the rules (of time travelers?) say he can't give specifics but he said to look at the voter demographics map of the Gore election for a clue. That means city versus rural, or Liberals VS conservatives. There is now a bitter Pres. Bush "hatred" and the Dems think the election was stolen in Florida (my views). Could even be a "race" based war. (my views again).

Russia will "nuke" us, and China, and UK in 2015. After a brief war the country is broken into 5 parts with 5 Presidents and the Capitol is in Omaha, NEB. Somewhere on the site I found nuclear "fall-out" charts showing "safe" areas, and primary. secondary, and tertiary target areas for every state.

He say's get out of the cities, have a bug-out backpack, get familiar with guns, and find a safe place to go. Safe water will be the biggest problem. No electricity for years.

He uses terms (his site was 3-4 years ago, then he said he was going back and he hasn't been heard from since) like "string theory", Cray 5100 computer, time warps, multi-dimensions, Tesla theories, "time-lines" and a whole lot of stuff that wouldn't have been commonly known 4 years ago. No UFO stuff...  His stuff convinced me, but most of you won't believe it. I'm glad I'm 65 years old and don't have any kids.

The 2004 Olympics will be the LAST one. In 2036 his family lives in a tree house in central Florida. There are 7 time travelers allowed in his time and there are strict rules they must follow. Communities are much smaller and closer. Grow their own food. Local Governments have more control.

Check out the "site" and form your own opinions. Be sure to go through the items in the column on the left side of the page. No joke.
View Quote

LOL.... well, if time travel IS possible, why do they follow rules if the future is HELL?  Right wing expansionist US...hummm..... spreading Democracy around the world?????

If WWIII happens in 2015, I'll be 42.  Probobly still be single too[:D]..... granted, I 'should' have my "toys", so some woman folk might want to be protected  [:D]  j/k

Edit- Ya know, depending on how old John Tittor is, wouldn't that mean his born by now?  IF he is a time traveler, where is his younger self?  Unless it is an 'alias name'....

What conserns me is, if we are nuked and after a short war, the US is broken up, does that mean we LOST?  And what happens to Russia (I haven't looked at the site yet...)
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I think there's a lot of 90 proof Santas on that website....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like your typical Art Bell guest.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#12]
This "TimeTraveler" posts here on this site too!

21st post down.....

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=219049&page=2&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is what turboman said on thread he started "WWIII predicted for 2015. Check this out... "

Quoted:
I'm not some kind of kook but this website blew me away. (HTTP://www.johntitor.com) I'm an old fart and I don't know how to do a "link". Use "Google".[/b]

...[b]and a whole lot of stuff that wouldn't have been commonly known 4 years ago. No UFO stuff...  [blue]His stuff convinced me, but most of you won't believe it.[/blue][red] I'm glad I'm 65 years old and don't have any kids.[/red]...[/b]...
View Quote

We are too, buddy. We are too. [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you. As you all know, you just can't believe everything you see and hear, can you. now, If you will excuse me, I must be on my way....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you. As you all know, you just can't believe everything you see and hear, can you. now, If you will excuse me, I must be on my way....
View Quote

Your people I do not understand, so to you must put an end.  Then, you'll never hear the surf music again...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to burst any bubbles, but time is our invention.  Nothing goes forward or backward into time.  What has happened is gone (memory) and what's about to happen is a guess.  Most of us are so stupid that history repeats itself time and again...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When it comes to dealing with DU all I want is an AR, a thousand rounds, and amnesty..[:D]
View Quote

LOL.

[ROFL]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just wanna talk to you...
I won't do you no harm...

I just wanna know about your different lives,
on this here people farm.

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Now I am not saying I belive this guy was a time traveler, but The reasons he gives for the civil war and who the opponents will be seams very plausible.

Paraphrased, he states that the civil war will be between, city folks those that give up freedom for security and rural folks that fight for freedom. Russia does not come into his picture until 2015 and helps the rural side win. He states that you will know when it is time to chose your side, and either stay in the city or move to the country.

Any way it was an entertaining read, And I think many on this sight would enjoy giving this sight a look [url]HTTP://www.johntitor.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#20]
city folks vs. country folks?  doesnt exactly seem fair does it?  how long did this "war" last anyway?  3 hours?  4?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/intel/99024/lsd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
city folks vs. country folks?  doesnt exactly seem fair does it?  how long did this "war" last anyway?  3 hours?  4?
View Quote

City vs country folks.....

Russia helps country folks....by "nuking" the cities....no cities.... country folks win.

I'll take a gander when I get REALLY bored out of my mind.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I checked out the site rather thouroughly.  I found it very interesting, especially his perspective on our current society - whether or not its all a hoax.  I also found his comments on CJD(?) - Cruxfeld Jackobs Disease(?) - AKA Mad Cow Disease - interesting considering current events.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow.  I have read all his stuff a while ago and thought it was interesting (fake, but interesting [:)]).  However, this little piece here I thought was a bit odd when I first read it, but given current events... hmm that is just wierd!

Quoted:
1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#25]
POLL! POLL!

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I love time travel!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://www.full-auto.com/images/forums/funny/backintimebig.jpe[/img]

I love that
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.full-auto.com/images/forums/funny/backintimebig.jpe[/url]

I love that
View Quote

sign me up. BTW, I really like your sig.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't really care whether it's real or not, but it's a heck of an interesting read nevertheless.

Here's another site with this info, this one has lots of 'photos' (CG?):
[url]http://johntitor.strategicbrains.com/TimeMachine.cfm[/url]

edit: oops, wrong thread. or is it? [:/]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Too funny, Bug-out bags for the DU crowd. I should stock up on Romanian .22 training rifles to sell to them.

Or even funnier, sell them M-44's Mosin's and watch them shit when they see the fireball.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#31]
... That site is full of perpetually imploding worry warts that have absolutely no idea how a free society works.

... I go there often, similar emotions as that experienced watching a slow motion train wreck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top