Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 8:41:32 AM EDT
If you're going to forbid folks from mailing applications and require them to turn in applications in person...

WHY ARE YOUR HOURS FROM 8AM TO 3PM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY ONLY??!

Most people WORK during the day, morons!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya.

In Philadelphia it's 8:30am to 4pm

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you're going to forbid folks from mailing applications and require them to turn in applications in person...

Mike
View Quote

Tell you what, I'll trade you your situation for ours in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

Tell you what, I'll trade you your situation for ours in Wisconsin.
View Quote

Or NY's.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Or Illinois.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Or Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]
All CCW laws piss me off... why in the hell do people put up with essentially having to book themselves (complete with mug shots, finger prints, and criminal registration forms) down at the county jail in order to exercise their right to self defense.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe in competition.  These government agencies have none, so they're indifferent and incompetent, nevermind they're established to serve the people.  If they had competition they'd have to straighten up or go under.  Imagine if the DMV had competition like the US Postal Office has to compete with commercial carriers, they'd TRY to do better and make its customers happy.  Sadly, these lower level departments seem to attract those that can't make it in a much more stringent civilian sector that will never let things like this go unattended, and will not tolerate such incompetence and laziness.  
In the absence of repercussions for their incompetence, and ANY alternative for us, they're acting like our overlords and masters, instead of the public servants that they are.

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
In Norfolk VA the hours are 0900-1500 to get fingerprinted for CCW.  You need to appear during those hours to obtain pistol purchase permits ($10) as well.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
When I went to get my CCW form turned in for the first time they told me they only turned them in from 9am to 12noon on thursdays only.  THREE fucking hours on ONE day a week.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Licensing bureau is open from 8 to 5 here in NY. Only problem is  that once you hand your paperwork in, it can take up to 6 months. I waited 6 months for my CCW and another 3 months for an amendment on my Glock.

NY sure is great.

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Just make time.  It's a bitch, but everything worthwhile is.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
the handwriting is on the wall...read it.

... they don't want you to have one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
If the people's republic of New York (Long Island sector) allowed us subjects to get CCWs,  I would take the week off to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top