Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 5:21:01 AM EDT
www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/134865

Saw this at Midwayusa and thought it would be nice to slap on my pre-ban and thread the barrel for my .22lr suppressor.  Anyone have any experiences with these?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has the Ciner kit (I think) and it has preformed flawlessly for him. He's very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Ceiner kit for my M16...

It's a fukkin blast to shoot...

It runs flawless in full auto, even with Remington subsonics. With the suppressor, it sounds like a FA BB gun.

ZERO recoil.

The kits are usually around $125-$135...

It's the 30rd mags that will run you broke...

I posted a "WTB" ad here and at subguns...

I got emails with prices anywhere from $138 to $175 EACH. [shock]

I never bothered to reply. I'll find them on Ebay for $40 sooner or later, advertised as "Unknown clips"... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these the drop-in kits?  Any comments on their accuracy?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up 2 of those last month from midway. They both Function flawlessly and are a hoot to shoot my friend. Another upside is the $8.99 price for 500 rds.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are these the drop-in kits?  Any comments on their accuracy?
View Quote

I have the Ceiner 22LR kit and a semi-auto AR15.  I use an old slab side SP1 upper as my dedicated 22LR upper.  I cut the gas tube out so I don't have powder blow back as it is recoil operated.

WIth this 20+ old upper I am shooting better than a stock 10/22.  I can hit 2" steel targets at 50 yards all day long with irons.

Total cost...$350!  I love it!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I got this one.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Odds___Ends.html
Made by another CZ company. I guess dpms decided to go a bit cheaper on theirs, because at the time, this was the cheapest complete upper I could find.
It doesn't like low velocity ammo, and the last round has a feed problem. These are my only problems with it. So instead of 7 bucks a box of 100, I have to pay 11. And I have to count so I don't chamber the last round in the mag. Eh no big deal. And it shoots very well. Red dot or scoped.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I will be getting the CZ upper...

Costs $300 from natchez...

Looks identical to the DPMS item, I (for one) think DPMS is just re-selling it...

The Ceiner kit has the disadvantage of using your existing barrel... I do NOT want to fire lead-roundnose ammo through my AR barrel, so the upper route is MUCH better...

The advantage is that Ciener DOES MAKE (for export & LE use) and WILL SELL (POST 04) 30rds mags...

CZ might or might not (the 89 ban does not apply here, as the item-in-question is not a firearm, and an AR with the CZ kit attached certainly has enough US parts), that remains to be seen...

If it turns out to be 'not', a mag-block for 10-22 mags might prove usefull...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#8]
DPMS .22 upper is based on the Colt conversion with some modifications. Parts are not interchangable except for the mags which are identical to Colt except for the small alignment post on top of the mag which is removed for barrel extension clearance on the DPMS upper. Some .22 uppers are ammo sensitive so you may need to find what ammo works best. You can also experiment with bolt carrier return springs and hammer springs if it short strokes. I've also heard that if you're having a feeding problem with the mag you can adjust the mag tension by turning the allen bolt located in the side of the mag.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Also check with Kurt Wala (KurtsKustom) as he takes Ceiner units, and makes them into dedicated uppers, with great results.  The CZ unit isn't bad, either.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks JLB. I will try that. I thought it just held it together.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Keuhl dedicated upper that uses a modified Ciener.  It's kool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top