Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 5:27:10 PM EDT
Any opinions on which is the better buy since both are priced the same? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would get the AR180B - different gas system.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a good post.

First of all, how much do you want to spend?  The 180B is in the 600-700 range while (looking at the Bushy website), is near 800-1000 (suggested retail).  OKay, just looked on Guns America nd they are about the same price range.... 600-750ish.  So I guess it's both the same range (thought it was higher...due to MSRP).

I have heard both pro's and con's of the 180B.  I haven't heard much about the Carbon series, but it should be much better experiance now that they are a Bushy holding.

Both use "AR" mags.  The Carbon 15, according to Bushy, is now 100% compatible w/ other "AR" uppers.  That means, if you want use your buddies scoped upper w/ you Carbon 15, you can, unlike before under PO.

It's your choice.  If you already have an AR, get the 180B...to be different.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The Carbon 15, if it is one of the new Bushy's, uses standard AR 15 bolt and bolt carrier, is lightweight and a nice rifle.

The AR-180B has a better gas system, uses non standard AR parts, and is lightweight also.

I think it would be easier to scope a Carbon 15 than it would the AR180B.

I own a Carbon 15 pistol and it is a lot of fun to shoot, maybe my favorite pistol of all.  It shoots a huge fireball and is very loud.  But I think the .223 out of such a short barrel is ballistically worthless, akin to a 22lr in terms of stopping power.  I have had no problems at all with my Carbon 15 pistol, when I found which mags it likes it works perfectly.

My cousin has the Carbon 15 rifle and his works OK.  He sent it back to Professional Ordance because it kept jamming.  Now it runs good, but the trigger doubles.  But when they work good, a Carbon 15 is hard to beat for a nice lightweight rifle.

So in the end I would probably get a Bushmaster Carbon 15 just because it uses standard AR 15 parts, and has a better method for mounting optics.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I'd go for the Carbon 15 rifle, too. Much more fun to own, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top