Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 3:26:19 PM EDT
A baby was born in October of 1955.
The child of a woman who could not care for the 5 she already had.
The babies father was not aware of the birth of this child and never knew for 30 years, he was a professional athlete and traveled much of the year.

The night was cold and snowy as the woman approached the family services building , it was Christmas eve.
She set the basket with the baby on the door step and rang the bell and walked away never to see her son again, she left this child there in the hopes it would have a better life than the one she could offer.

The baby was taken in by the that foundling group.
With the baby was a letter of explanation and a few facts as to birth date and heritage.
The baby was in foster care until a young couple who had already adopted a baby girl two years earlier were smitten with this blue eyed little wonder.
The baby celebrated it's first birthday with his new parents and sister who loved him and raised him as their own.
The life redeemed by those two loving people was mine and I am for ever grateful and thank them in my heart and mind every day, their names were Frank and Helen and they took me as their own and loved me and cared for me and were the greatest people I will ever meet.
This night is special to me as it is the night my life was saved.
This is also the night I married the love of my life, I was twice blessed with parents who loved me who didn't have to and by finding the greatest wife in the whole world.

This is a very special and wondrous night, it is the night of Christ birth and the night of my redemption and the night I married my wife.

Merry Christmas to all of you and may God bless you all as he has me.

PS
Don't ever let anyone use the surroundings of their birth as an excuse, it's just that an excuse.
Life is what we make it no more and no less.

John

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
[^]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn jrzy, now you got me all teary eyed, Happy Birthday, and Merry Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damn jrzy, now you got me all teary eyed, Happy Birthday, and Merry Christmas.

View Quote

No tears, I am the luckiest man in the world.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~robert_owen/db2sm.jpg[/img]
We're screwed...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
A very touching story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top