Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 3:07:23 PM EDT
Just heard on fox that Delta is grounding all flights!

No links at drudge or at foxnews yet.
There must be some really serious threats coming in.

Fidel

Please update next time - 1GR
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt that.

I think it's just all out panic.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Some woman set off the metal detectors and they lost her. They shut the Delta terminal at Laguardia to rescreen everyone.
Relax.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sad.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I hadn't heard this yet, but thanks for the update. I plan to spend a cozy evening watching football, drinking boiled custard and keeping a close eye on this forum for any updates.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
i am guessing the lady just had her car keys or something and the airport ninjas still lost her.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Like captainpooby said,it was only at LaGuardia:

[url]http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=809130&tw=wn_wire_story[/url]

Wednesday, December 24, 2003 6:41 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Delta Airlines terminal at New York's LaGuardia Airport was evacuated at about 5:40 p.m. on Wednesday and all departing Delta flights were grounded for security reasons, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said.

A Port Authority spokesman told Reuters the action was ordered by the Transportation Security Administration. He said no other details were immediately available and the grounding would continue until further notice.

A TSA spokeswoman told local radio that a woman passenger set off a metal detector and entered the airport without getting a second screening. Authorities were searching for the passenger, one local radio station said.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok.  When I heard this I was a little doubtful as it would be a major news story.  It's most likely a localized incident as previously mentioned.

Fidel
Out
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to fly home this morning from New York.  Newark was a madhouse.  Took about 45 min to get through security and that was at 5am.  The retarded passengers don't make it easy either.  They wait until they're called to go through the metal detector before they start emptying their pockets and taking off their shoes.  I guess they didn't notice the 100 people in front of them doing exactly that.  It wouldn't be such a hassle if people had their shit together.  It was not a happy morning.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top