Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 2:18:00 PM EDT
just a reminder not to forget your beloved four-legged creatures this holiday...

keep those lovely pointsettias (sp?)out of pet's reach...they are very poisonous...

watch the chocolate - there have been threads on this subject - the higher the cocoa content, the more toxic...

remind your guests NOT to feed the pets...all you need is for your pet to be gorging on loads of food they don't normally eat, only to wake up to the pleasant smell and mess of gastroenteritis!!  also, it might be a good idea to keep your indoor cats in another room, so guests coming and going don't let the cat(s) out.

watch the pine needles and ornaments - your pets will find ingenious ways to consume, impale, and otherwise damage themselves...

if you are thinking about getting another pet, please consider visiting your local shelter, humane society, or veterinarian - this is a time of year where there are a lot of animals up for adoption...

so, make sure you make your pets holiday is happy and healthy!!!

drjess
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said GWG!!

Hell, our dog got more presents than me....
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
We use to have two shep's they were outside dogs, well one died this summer, the other was left in the back yard, he was so  lonesome looking, and was always on the rear porch, as close to us as he could get. Well we let him in the house after a bath and grooming, he has been so gratefull, he has been behaving like a champ. That was his present this year. He took to being an inside dog quite well.

It has been in the low 20's at times and I am sure he is a happy camper. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We use to have two shep's they were outside dogs, well one died this summer, the other was left in the back yard, he was so  lonesome looking, and was always on the rear porch, as close to us as he could get. Well we let him in the house after a bath and grooming, he has been so gratefull, he has been behaving like a champ. That was his present this year. He took to being an inside dog quite well.

It has been in the low 20's at times and I am sure he is a happy camper. [:)]
View Quote

You did a good thing.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://www.hooveranimals.com/public/santabites.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hooveranimals.com/public/santabites1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hooveranimals.com/public/santapants.jpg[/img]

(credit to Alexav from rottweiler.net)
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My 4 dogs and 4 ferrets are extremely spoiled. The dogs have always been house dogs and love their creature comforts. All 4 of my ferrets are rescues and I have 1 rescue left out of the four dogs. She has come a long way since I have gotten her. She was abused to the point she has seizures,but I wouldn't trade her for anything. She is such a love. When I got her there was nothing to her,literally I had to sit on the floor with her and her bowl of food so the other dogs wouldn't eat it. She has gotten better about her seperation anxiety,and I can actually put her in a crate without her flipping out. It has been worth every bit of effort and after everything she still loves anyone that comes into my house.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
my 15 year old buddy discovered he had diabetes last month. I will give him his insulin shot in the morning, but alas no more treats for him.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
AWWWWW!!!!ETH that is a WAY too cute of a pic!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
One of my dogs is getting a rawhide bone longer than she is! She'll love it!

COZ

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I am taking care of my pets...instead of cat we are having ham this year.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
... Thoughtful post [b]TT[/b], thnaks and Happy Holidays!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
... Thoughtful post [b]TT[/b], thnaks and Happy Holidays!
View Quote

that ain't ole Titanium Titties is it?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#13]
to clarify for the folks here, this is not TT...

i am a veterinarian here in Florida...

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
to clarify for the folks here, this is not TT...

i am a veterinarian here in Florida...

View Quote

Have people been paying their bills on time for you of late ?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I just gave my little girl her present.  Some catnip. Can you say: droooooooooooooooling?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#16]
cyanide -

thanks for asking - why yes, all bills are paid, all my clients are caught up...no more problems!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
mmm.. Jessica..I love that name..[naughty]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Where are you in Fl? I am near Tampa.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#19]
ETH,

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to fall off my chair.

Thanks for the Christmas laugh and a Merry Christmas to you from BillyTheKid and Tj.

On topic, our dogs are a important part of Christmas.  The Akita now eight is worse than a kid and has been anxious since the Christmas tree went up.  If let into the room I'm sure he would open every present under the tree looking for his.

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top