Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 10:24:04 PM EDT

As we now know, BSE or mad-cow disease has been found in the US. ONE infected cow has been confirmed in Washington state.

Apparently the disease is only known to be transmitted by eating BSE-contaminated feed.

Immediately many countries have now banned the import of US beef (Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and South Korea) and more may follow.

This could certainly hurt the beef/cattle industry here in America greatly.

Question: Do you think it's possible that the radical terrorist group "ALF" (Animal Liberation Front) could have purposefully infected some cattle here in the US with BSE-contaminated material obtained from Britain or elsewhere?

I could very easily see them doing such atrocious acts of terrorism on us meat-eaters and the entire beef industry.

Much like the violent terrorist group "ELF" (Earth Liberation Front), ALF is a group of dispersed radical animal-loving, human-hating terrorists who break into research labs, steal all animals REGARDLESS of what their infected with and release them into the wild. They also commit arson and other acts of violence.

I bet even money that it's either accidental exposure of this particular cow to BSE-contaminated feed, or that it's purposefully done by ALF.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Or it could have been done by the little hairy ALF that eats cats.

ALF = Alien Life Form
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess is a not so bright farmer!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be. I belive it came out of Canada.

I know from the early spring until Canada got locked down, I would run with Bull haulers from Alberta down to the Tri Cities (I never asked them which stock yards they were droping at)they had 130,000 head to move down but didn't get them all here before the lock down.

I would see 20-30 haulers a day going to or from, between Spokane and Pasco where they turned off.

Then after the lock down I would only see the Bull haulers out of Montana maybe 6-8 a day and most of them was headed to Boardman, Or.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes more sense that its ALF, ELF, or PETA than Muslims.

But its also very likely that someone who didn't cotten to the dollars they were going to lose in the Canadian lockdown smuggled some of their heard south to try and keep the "guberment" from killing his "property" and his profit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Where would ALF have gotten the sample of the BSE virus?  It's not available by mail order.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/homepage/staff/seti/alf.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Immediately many countries have now banned the import of US beef (Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and South Korea) and more may follow.
View Quote

Good, it will lower the prices here stateside.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting...i wouldn't put it past a group like that. But you are aware that they did find that in canadian cows a little while ago right? so maybe it came from the canadians, I mean there always so quiet, and it's the quiet ones ya have o worry about.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#9]
This is the most retarded post I've came across in a long time. You need to get a life and stop thinking at a 11 year old kids level. Do you really sit around and think up shit like this? Read a book or something. Better yet get a imagination you retard.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the most retarded post I've came across in a long time. You need to get a life and stop thinking at a 11 year old kids level. Do you really sit around and think up shit like this? Read a book or something. Better yet get a imagination you retard.
View Quote

Yeah, what he said. Next thing ya know, the original poster will come up with some wackjob, never-gonna-happen-in-a-million-years scenario such as: Muslim terrorists hijacking planes full of people and crashing them into skyscrapers and the Pentagon, killing thousands of people, throwing the world into a panic, starting two wars, ripping apart the UN and long-standing alliances, and bringing down whole economies. Naw- that could never happen.[%|]

That's retarded stuff only an eleven-year-old could think up. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, what he said. Next thing ya know, the original poster will come up with some wackjob, never-gonna-happen-in-a-million-years scenario such as: Muslim terrorists hijacking planes full of people and crashing them into skyscrapers and the Pentagon, killing thousands of people, throwing the world into a panic, starting two wars, ripping apart the UN and long-standing alliances, and bringing down whole economies. Naw- that could never happen.[%|]

View Quote

Wow, America is distroyed by mad-cow disease! Yet another retard. You guys would have been perfect for Al Gore's defence cabinet. Thank GOD Al didn't win.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Wow, America is distroyed by mad-cow disease! Yet another retard. You guys would have been perfect for Al Gore's defence cabinet. Thank GOD Al didn't win.
View Quote

Is this the cabinet in charge of fences?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://stcloudstate.edu/~scsu_rha/alf.jpg[/img]

[size=1]Yes, I see, I've been beating to the punch, but eh... I still had to do it. And I like my picture better.[/size=1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did The_Macallan recently bitch-slap you or something? There's quite a lot of indignation in your post -- more so than one would expect from a normal reaction to something perhaps a little far-fetched.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where would ALF have gotten the sample of the BSE virus?  It's not available by mail order.
View Quote

One of the slaughtered cattle in Canada.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#16]
No conspiracy theory here.

Human ignorance, stupidity, greed and laziness were plenty sufficient to cause this problem. Gotta wonder how many infected cattle have already been eaten.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I am not an authority on ecoterrorism, but I have two illustrations of the level of expertise of this genre:

1) ELF or something similar came out to the Oregon State University experimental forest and destroyed a number of plants that they believed to be genetically modified poplars.  In actuality, they roughed up a bunch of blackberries.  Most of you will know that blackberries do no resemble poplars, and in fact are not even in the same family of plants.

2) ELF (oder sowas) struck again in Washington
and in destroying some lab facilities also caused considerable damage to a rare and endangered plant seed bank.  

I think a lot of the eco-terrorists are fairly poorly educated people who haven't figured out that resorting to violence usually doesn't win you friends.  

Prions (cause of C-J-D) have been around for a long time, causing (I think) amongst other things, Scrapie in sheep.  

Nearly no chance that Mad Cow is the result of eco-terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I could very easily see them (ALF) doing such atrocious acts of terrorism on us meat-eaters and the entire beef industry.
View Quote

And condemn thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of their bovine brethren to certain death?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't put it past them, but I think that's just as likely, if not moreso, that was either transmitted via Canadian Cattle, or the result unsanitary Ranch and/or slaughterhouse conditions somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[url]http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/homepage/staff/seti/alf.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I thought he went back to Melmac.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#21]
[b]Do you think it's possible that the radical terrorist group "ALF" (Animal Liberation Front) could have purposefully infected some cattle here in the US with BSE-contaminated material obtained from Britain or elsewhere?[/b]

That was one of the first thoughts I had.

But I would say probably not; most likely just a careless dairy farmer.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could very easily see them (ALF) doing such atrocious acts of terrorism on us meat-eaters and the entire beef industry.
View Quote

And condemn thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of their bovine brethren to certain death?
View Quote
Yeah well ELF torched a car lot that was selling SUV's and ended up pumping a boatload of pollutiants into the air with some estimates saying more then the cars would have done in there lifetime.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Yeah well ELF torched a car lot that was selling SUV's and ended up pumping a boatload of pollutiants into the air with some estimates saying more then the cars would have done in there lifetime.
View Quote

And like the peace activists that start fights and riots.

There are militants in every group, no matter what the cause is.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#24]
[image]http://circleofaddiction.com/images/rosieodonnell2.jpg[/image]

Oops! I thought this was about Mad Cow disease...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Yes exactly. Radical terrorists like ELF and ALF have absolutely NO regard for life - they only want power. Power aimed at destroying American business, freedom and capitalism.

They use the "environment" and "animal rights" as a front for their ultimate goal - the disintegration of the American capitalist society and lifestyle. Period.

Like I referred to in my first post, they've caused the agonizing deaths of thousands of "freed" research animals as well as spread lab diseases they were carrying into the wild.

And yes, I vaguely recall that [b]JohnBlade[/b] did get a well-deserved bitchslap a few months ago and so I guess now, like a scorned bitch, he seems to carry a massively exaggerated grudge ad infinitum.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#26]
i wouldn't be sur4prised
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top