Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 8:01:17 PM EDT
Thank god it is only one at this time.  WOW!  What would happen if we have an outbreak and have to kill off millions of cows like the UK and EU had to?  Maybe all this talk about attacks on the scale of 9/11 is a red herring, the outbreak on the UK could have been a terrorist attack but they covered it up effectively.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Only if the terrorists in question were from someone like PETA, ELF, or some other group or person that wants to end the beef industry.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll buy it.

NUKE CANADA!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I say this because the price of beef is already at like $10/lb......how about trying to buy steaks for $25/lb?  Still.  No one would want if it might even have a minute chance of having MCD.....it's a shitty way to die.......slow and painful.  How many human deaths in UK?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless we're buying our Purina Cow Chow from al-Qaeda, I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
That was my first thought when I heard about it.  First of all, WASHINGTON?!?!!  Second, isn't this time of year difficult for transmission?  Summer is optimum time for this disease. Third, its a disease that can cripple the beef industry and send Wall St spiralling down as they ponder the thought of terrorism.

Lets see what happens, but in the meantime, I'll be eating more chicken, thank you very much!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
What would happen if my Aunt had a dick?  Would she be my Uncle?

Was the earthquake in Cali. a terrorist attack?  No offense or anything, but terroists have ruined some of you people, and no, it's not being "aware" and "cautious," it's being paranoid.

Every minor thing that happens in the world now to some will be a possible terrorist attack.

Now where's my tinfoil jockstrap, I think "they're" trying to shrink my peepee.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad I have a freezer full of venison and an acreage to hunt when the freezer gets empty.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What would happen if my Aunt had a dick?  Would she be my Uncle?

Was the earthquake in Cali. a terrorist attack?  No offense or anything, but terroists have ruined some of you people, and no, it's not being "aware" and "cautious," it's being paranoid.

Every minor thing that happens in the world now to some will be a possible terrorist attack.

Now where's my tinfoil jockstrap, I think "they're" trying to shrink my peepee.
View Quote

This is just an excercise in rational thinking.  It isn't a paranoia trip.  There is a Hightened Terror alert and we should consider all the possibilities....not just looking up into the skies for an airplane to crash into buildings.

Contaminating our food supply is a completely rational thing for a Terrorist(s) to consider.  Maybe it's the Pork Industry trying to take over the #1 slot, who know?  All I'm saying is that there are other avenues to attack our vulnerablilities.  

Why would a terrorist group try to hijack planes when there are air marshals on most flights, AAA missile batteries on all the sensitive Capital buildings and fighters patrolling the skies?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Velocity, I don't think it's necessarily a tinfoil matter. NOVA broadcast several programs about a year ago dealing with terrorism and this was one of the items brought out in which it was stated that a known goal of certain terror-sponsoring states/organizations was to destroy our food supply and have no ability to trace it back to any state or person(s) thereby giving plausible deniablity. I'm not saying that this applies in this situation, I just don't think any possibilty should be discounted.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
unless terrorists can force feed youand your family brain and spinal tissue I don't think you'll have to worry about madcow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top