Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 6:05:56 PM EDT
I mean really, really popular dog??  

We have a 11-month old Bulldog, Winston C., who is so freakin' popular it is amazing!!!

He is the mascot for the football and softball teams.  He fetches the tee each time we kickoff in a game.  He goes to every game, no matter the distance.  Been on TV numerous times.  In the paper several times also.

Now businesses around town want to use him for advertising.  Another business, a new borading kennel, asked us tonight.  

Everywhere we go, people ask where Winston is, and they are serious!!  My wife walked into the local small-town drugstore tonight with him.  Why??  Baecause they expect to see him, when we come in!!  She can even keep at school while she teaches, if she likes.  (She teaches at the high school here.)

This is starting to get weird, I tell you!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Although no mascot or anything like that, we have a Jack russel that my wife will not go anywhere without.  On the rare occaisions that she does go without him (when I make her leave him at home) we always get asked where he is.  That is about as far as it goes...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a pair of basset hounds.  My wife unjustly accuses me of using them as chick magnets.  (I use them as babe magnets.) We go walking in the local shopping area and she goes in and I stay outside.  I can't help it if young ladies just can't keep from scratching their ears.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
We keep joking that we should make signs for our girls to carry around saying what they are and how much they weigh, we get stopped about every twenty feet when we take them walking outside our neighborhood.

[img]groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgASA40VLAupbUUlZyLiz!5TpZqTkhS9koqUANxHqGNLP5uKsD16zh98yzEUHxskjRYAQfDehu0pTjf6DujCK8XTHrirSIf8p3ipHpOMYknMwrdZx5IjRA/IMG_00120.JPG[/img]

They are Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs BTW and weigh a little over a hundred each.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Ratters,

That has got to be the two coolest looking dog I have ever seen.  I am serious.  They rock!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could figure out how in the hell to post pics. My dog is not Mcgrubbs popular, but he is pretty damn popular. He is a 120 lb. black lab/great dane mix. He looks like an enormous black lab. People flock to him. I was pretty hard on him as a pup and got him cut early so he is extremely loyal and obedient. My parents kept him last weekend. They had the church group over and 3 people asked to take him home. Most people jump back when they first see him, but then when I say one word he hits the dirt and they know he is not some wild animal. Chicks love him too. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not like I am really trying to brag.  It is the fact that we are now dealing with a new type of social phenomenon.  Weird, huh??

Althought, looking at Ratters girls, makes me think I need a dog to go to work with me.

Ratters, tell me more about the breed, por favor...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a registered Miniature Pincher (Mookie) that is one hell of a dog.

She doesn't realize that she is small and will go up against anything.

Funny as hell. Everybody loves her.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#8]
All the kids in the neighboorhood know Jasmine...but they don't even know me from Adam!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=3566[/img]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My dog is real popular with anything dead and stinky within a square 1/2 mile. Damn thing will return from the woods after being absent most of the day smelling like a sewer worker after a bad day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]

My Lab must be popular. The ho bitches come and paw at the back door for him ;)
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Check my avatar and then tell me he wouldn't be popular!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]
my dalmation used to like to bite our neighbors and the meter man...does that count?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Meet Noel, the puppy in the family!  She's about 5 months old now and loves everyone.  Just ask Wave how friendly she is.  Whenever someone sees her, they want to pick her up and squeeze her.  Plus, she can pull Santa's sleigh.

Caesar also really loves this little bundle of energy.  She keeps him young, so he hasn't chomped down on her too hard.  But everytime we get home, she's covered from head to paw in Caesar drool from them playing.  We've yet to keep her clean for more than 1 hour.  Note the addition of her to the avatar!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20844[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20845[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20847[/img]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ratters,

That has got to be the two coolest looking dog I have ever seen.  I am serious.  They rock!!
View Quote

Thanks, they are a swiss working breed farm dog.  Girls go from about 80-120lbs and boys go from about 100-150.  We keep our girls really thin.  They are absolute chow hounds and will eat anything, especially paper. They were bred to do general farm chores and herding but were mostly bred to pull milk carts.  My oldest girls sister has pulled 1874lbs. on a cart.  Most I could get my girl to do was 355, but that was her first time without any training:
[img]groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDSAmMVJf5U52gy!Q3x6Mw065fW4fgpqvS74x0TpBpBAjbV2x4VgQL5XDmN15LlZpcelrJG0pyfn!rOKWkB8CR5lfyvkML65giOsGLPGhpiUWBaDU9Blw/IMG_0360.JPG[/img]
The younger one hit the harness, turned around and said "I ain't doin' that."  Oh well.  I think we are going to try herding next.

Post a picture of your boy, I always like to look at pups. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Balzac, I'm very happy you got a new pup. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top