Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 3:18:11 AM EDT
I have the opportunity to purchase a Leica 1200 Scan Mode laser for $430, but with an International warantee. Shopping around best cost with US warantee $460.... am I nuts to go with the cheaper International warantee - headaches to follow???  

Edit: sp
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:12:27 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was working as a photographer, I bought several cameras that had international warrenties. IF you have a problem you have to send it overseas. I bought top names, and never had to send anything back for warrenty.

Leica is a very high quality product. I'm not saying it can't go bad (Anything made by man, can fail) But Leica is good stuff.

I say, if you have enough faith in the product to buy it, go ahead and buy it.

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Am I missing something here? The difference is only 30 dollars? I would take the US warranty. You'll spend more than that if you have to send it back.

Sandman
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Foolish or WISE????

I would say somewere in between. Thats not a bad place to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top