Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2003 6:11:54 PM EDT
I had to go to the water department today. The new building is nearby, and is sorta built in a ravine of sorts. When you drive by it, you are actually looking DOWN at the building, which is pretty huge, and the Maintainance building that's a hell of a lot bigger.

Because of the odd-colored green roof, the pair of buildings is known throughout the area as 'Emerald City'.

Kitty and I went in, I was in sunglasses with cane. We stumped up to the receptionist and I picked up kitty.

"Kitty, does this look like Kansas?" I asked.

Then I looked toward, but not directly at the receptionist, and told her: "I'm here to see the Wizard to get my eyes fixed And, Oh, to have this bill reviewed."

The woman busted up laughing.

"I've been wondering when someone would actually have the nerve to ask and see the Wizard," she said. "The nickname 'Emerald City' really does fit."

"My wife says that this bill is wrong," I said.
"Would you read it to me?"

"OhmyGod!" she said. "You really are blind."

She took the bill and left for a few minutes.

When she returned, she told me that the bill had been paid a while back.

"I know, it was screwed up then and I was trying to see if it was going to be sent out screwed up again. I figured that someone just quick-fixed it the last time and the wrong data was still on the computer."

"I'll check." Gone again.

She returned.

"You were right," She said. "I fixed it. This time you'll get billed for the proper amount."

Kitty and I left, and in the process, I 'accidentally' ran into a doorjamb.

Off we went, hopped into the pickup and drove off, swinging my cane out the window. I wonder if she saw.

All in all, a pretty good deal. I managed to save a Mrs Pic a headache. She gets worked up when stuff like water bills get screwed up.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I love these stories. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
"OhmyGod!" she said. "You really are blind."
View Quote

[lol] [ROFL2] [rofl]

That's sig-line material! [:D]

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent, I'm thinking coffee table book.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
piccolo, I always enjoy your SEC posts. Please, please, please keep up the good work.

Keith
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
This is almost as good as Calvin and Hobbes!

You better not quit like Bill Watterson. [v]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Another instant classic.

You really ought to put all of these stories together and try to get Hollywood to option the screenplay.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Another good one! And just in time for Christmas.

Me and my daughters are going to feel left out if you ever quit these.

NMSight
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I want a pic of you in full pseudo-blind plumage and the SEC.  Now!  Consider it my Christmas gift.

I'd be willing to bet there are several members here that would back me up on this.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Kitty update?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kitty update?
View Quote

The little guy is hanging in there. The medicine Mrs Pic gives him DAILY seems to be OK. He's an old cat. I feel blessed he's lasted this long.

BTW, he's only going out for Short runs these days. Nothing too strenuous.

There's a couple things his last blood panel shows that isn't totally right, but we're working on it.

Thank you for asking.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Please, Pic, take pix of SEC and yourself.  I just HAVE to see what you guys look like.

God bless your little friend.  He brings joy to all of us, as do you.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember those pictures from a while back.  Kitty's a lot cuter than Pic, I gotta say (and yes, I expect Elad to be right on me about the backrub thing ... he seems to be stalking me for some reason [;D])
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Did search.  No pics of Pic!  MUST SEE SEC!!

God, I love these stories. [devil]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks alot! Now I'm sitting here humming "we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz"

This is going to be stuck in my head all day, ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG!
Great story Pic. Take care of the little guy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Pic...

I am still waiting for the "SEC Goes To Victoria's Secret Store" episode.

Dude...seriously. [Pic] "Uh, Ma'am? I would like to get my wife something nice...will you try these on and I'll have my SEC approve or disapprove...or better yet, Let me feel to "see" what they look like on you? What are your measurements?...Wow, that's the same as my wife...."

The possibilities are endless.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I believe this is them:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20833[/img]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I remember those pictures from a while back.  Kitty's a lot cuter than Pic, I gotta say (and yes, I expect Elad to be right on me about the backrub thing ... he seems to be stalking me for some reason [;D])
View Quote

Lol I saw a few of Sniper_Wolfe's posts and remembered your thread from a while back.

I don't remember if you were caught or almost caught when a "Co-worker rubbed the small of your back"

Just giving you a hard time voilsb

I wasn't sure if you were ignoring me or just not reading them.

[:P]

Great job piccolo, long live SEC
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, [b]voilsb[/b], you better have pic rub your back. Kitty would probably just scratch you.

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Everytime I see "SEC" I'm thinking Securities and Exchange Commission, then I realize, I'm in the wonderful land of Arfcom and realize that SEC is synonymous with hysterical cat stories, not the SEC of 1934.

Ever think of doing this as a skit for a late night show?  I bet you'd get an audience for it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, it sounds like it has a bit of a Mr. Bean meets Monty Python flavor to it...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Thats a good cat.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#24]
[lol]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, [b]voilsb[/b], you better have pic rub your back. Kitty would probably just scratch you.

[:D]
View Quote
Well, if you remember the thread, he claims to give pretty good ones, too!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just giving you a hard time voilsb

I wasn't sure if you were ignoring me or just not reading them.

[:P]
View Quote
I just didn't wanna encourage you too much. [;D]

That, and I didn't wanna hijack the thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top