Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2003 2:13:48 PM EDT
I could eat a ball of barbed wire and crap out a case of 16 penny nails.

So, I'm driving my truck and 20' trailer home through the worst possible portion of town to drive through at 4:30 pm you could imagine. I have to drive right by the local mall, Costco, Target, Wal-Mart etc. You get the picture right. Now I don't let any grass grow under my truck/trailer when I'm driving it, but since it's big and you can't see around it if you're behind me, I could drive for 44 miles with my turn signal on and NOBODY will let me over. So, I just turn on the signal and take the lane I need, pissing off dozens of people who apparently pay more taxes towards the road that I do.  F em!

Anyway, I'm finally home and nobody else is here. Why is that relevant you ask? Cuz, usually I get somebody who's home to stand back there and tell me when to stop, so I don't hit the new gutters. Recently a FRIGGIN city cop with apparently no real criminals to arrest gave me a ticket for parking my trailer on the street in front of my own home. So now I have to back that big trailer into my driveway. Well it's not a pain to do except that same friggin cop who likes to ticket me for parking my trailer on my street in front of my home won't ticket the hundreds of friggin jerkoff's who like to use my 25 MPH residential street as a cut through. They like to drive 45 MPH and come around the corner and darn near T-Bone my $30K truck or my $8K trailer with $35K of equipment inside it. Every single time I try and back that big ole trailer into my own driveway I darn near get hit, today was no exception. So I'm hurrying to get out of the asshat's way who almost hit me and I jump out of the truck to see how far I can still back up without hitting my month old $1400 Leaf Guard gutters. I'm walking back to look and out of the corner of my eye I see my truck rolling very slowly. CRAP! I spin on my heel about the time I hear a sickening crunch as my trailer hits and completely smashes a section of my month old guttering. The longest section of guttering on my entire house. The section of guttering that's going to cost me about $400 to have replaced.

Yeah that section.

I hate this time of year.

I hate that instead of people being all cheerful they are arrogant, one way, selfish, impatient, in a great big hurry, numbskulls who have tunnel vision and can see no further that getting Johnny that FRIGGIN X-Box for X-Mas.

No, it's not about Jesus Christ anymore in fact I'm sure most people out there would rather we just call this Holiday, "Gimmie Day" or "It's Mine, I saw it first Day" or "Get Out Of My Way You Bastard In The Truck Day".

Did I mention I friggin hate this time of year.

The next time somebody almost T-bones me trying to get into my own driveway, I'm going to jump out of my truck (leaving it in reverse cuz after all I'm on my way to the big house) and empty every single magazine of .45 Gold Dots I have on me into the hood of their car as fast as I can.

Thanks for letting me vent. Calgon take me away!

Here's a picture for those who will want to say this thread is worthless without pic's.

Oh and before anyone say's it, I have nobody but myself to blame. I'm the one who did not get the truck into park prior to exiting the truck. So yeah, I'm the real idiot.

Still, don't want to hear about it again from either of you know who you are.

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG! I'm such a friggin IDIOT!

Somebody please say a prayer for me right now. I know God will work this out for my good somehow, I just can't see the how right now.
I'm in a pretty foul mood.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Uuuuummmmmmm.........Merry Christmas? [bd]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It could have been much worse.  It could have been my house!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, that bites!
Now ya gotta scratch that Ferrari off Santa's list and add gutters instead! [:(]
Better hurry, times runnin' out!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
[rofl]
heh heh ya'll are so compassionate.
gotta love it.  this time of year always brings out a good rant or two.

hope it all gets worked out.  i was steaming today just trying to get out of the office parkng lot.  
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

i can see by your post that you know the reason for Christmas.  hang in there man!  its a new year soon too!  and we get to do this all over again! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear about your lastest run of bad luck . I'm sure you could pound that dent out of the gutter.  Maybe its time to move to the sticks.

Merry Christmas .
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to church and hang there for a while. It can be a very calming experience after a PIA day.

CW
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#7]
You still got some spackle left from the last time I visted right? I bet it matches the dents in the gutter...[;)]

Hang in there buddy. Heck, it could have been the entire eave.

Go pat Cassidy for awhile...that'll put it in perspective. If that doesn't work then go find some expensive beer and a cheap woman. Its the only surefire way to cure a run of bad luck.

Edited to add:
45 Gold dot? Does that mean you finally bought that 1911 that you wanted?

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]1 Thessalonians 5:18   In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.[/b]

Did you remember to give thanks?

Did you remember that there was a reason for this?

[b]Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.[/b]

Merry Christmas, brother. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Wall-mart sold me a shipping box that was 1" oversize to be shipped priority. Got charged $25 extra to have it shipped parcel.(kid's won't get em by X-mas. Plane left my large bag behind.("It will be here tomorrow for sure.").
That's just the start, I hope you are all enjoying the "season" more than me.
Merry ho-ho and all that good crap.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Slacker,

Yes it does. I got a Wilson CQB.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19997[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19998[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20652[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20653[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Look on the bright side.
I'll let you know when I can find one, ok.

That sucks, and as far as your having to block the traffic when you back into your driveway, fuck'em. I live on a corner lot and I have to deal with the jack-off's who dive into the corner and then get the look of terror on their face when they see me already backed out of my driveway into the street and they have to stop their turn in the intersection because they were too fucking stupid to LOOK when there WANTED to go before they started to go there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Slacker,

View Quote

Well, gosh damn... This must be a pretty big issue for you.  If I just got a CQB not many things would put me in a bad mood.  Hell, just looking at your pics gave me a woody.[:D]

Try not to get that beautiful 1911 confiscated in a fit of anger.  Merry X-mas!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
You're right, I need to be counting my blessings instead of bitching.

But that's how I get over stuff. I vent it all out. At least I'll never have an ulcer problem. [:D] That way I was over it shortly after I posted.

I do love that CQB too. It is the nicest gun I own, hands down.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Uuuuummmmmmm.........Merry Christmas? [bd]
View Quote

^^^^ hahahaha
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey at least you go to vent without having to hurt someone.  Nice pics by the way.

Oh, and

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#16]
At least it was your gutters and not the neighbors.

At least it was in reverse, and not in first gear.

Les Baer is better than Wilson.   ; )

Have a nice holiday season!

*Edited to add I received my first 1911 about three weeks ago. A Les Baer Monolith HW and just placed an order for a second Monolith frame.     For those of you with out a 1911 this holiday season, I recommend you get one ASAP. You don't know what you are missing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Merry Christmas!

And unless it leaks, don't worry about the gutter. Face it, you will probably hit it again.

BTW nice Wilson CQB
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
BVM-

We all make mistakes, and usually the expensive lessons are the ones we learn the best. I've dropped, run over, flushed and otherwise farked up my share of good, innocent equipment that was just trying to do its job...and I've come to realize that it's just part of being a man and having stuff. Cut yourself a little bit of slack. If you let this kind of stuff get you too far down, you [b]will[/b] end up doing something you really regret.

Take a deep breath, kiss yer honey and stroke that pistol. Or maybe the other way around.

JScott
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll try to post pics of the 700 dollar upper I just ruined trying to get the $%$W$% gas block off.

At least you didn't ruin a GUN.

Hope it gets better man,

matt
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Plant something besides your driveway as a marker of when to stop backing up.  Or if something is already there, lineup with it.  That won't help you not putting on the brake though.  [:)]  

Tall trailer or short house.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Petition the town to install speed bumps.Its a bitch, but may solve part of  your problem, just maybe save a life.[8D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, a CQB and a VM2.  You must have been real good this year.  All I got was a Kimber Pro Carry II and a Fobus.  Merry Christmas dude.  Hope your gutter thing works out.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Plant something besides your driveway as a marker of when to stop backing up.  Or if something is already there, lineup with it.  That won't help you not putting on the brake though.  [:)]  

Tall trailer or short house.
View Quote

I second this one.  Someone mentioned speedbumps?  Consider putting one in right where the rear tires of the trailer need to stop.  You hit the speedbump and you know you are where you need to be.

Simple solution to a simple problem.

As far as the idiots cruising by too fast on your street, I can't help you.  Though you could quietly go out at 3:00 am some night and pour gasoline in a few spots on the road, and keep it up.  After a short while, the pavement will deteriorate in those locations and leave some real nice pot holes to tear up the undercarriages of those speeding cars.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://www.bondo-online.com/bnd_cds/product_images/262.jpg[/img]

Here ya go.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Slacker,

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19997[/url]

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19998[/url]

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20652[/url]

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20653[/url]
View Quote

WOW, beautiful setup!

You definetly have your stuff together except for you backing skills and gutters.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#26]
At least you made it home safe. Thats the important part. (I read that somewhere)

Merry Christmas [wave]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20804[/img]
That'll buff right out!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't sweat it, it's only money...............

btw, I vote for Gimmi Day. You are right, there is nothing religious about x-mas anymore, except maybe the Pagen Orgy of consumerism and greed.

or in muslim terms, you could call it a
Jihad of greed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top